That One Girl

Weak-end Thread | Hitman's Bodyguard 21.6M; Annabelle 15.5M; Logan Lucky 8M; Dunkirk 6.7M | Wonder Woman beats Spider-Man and is now at 404M

American Sniper had a huge star in front of the camera, a beloved name that can bring audiences out with the right project behind the camera, a brilliant ad campaign that captured the film's tension and framed its protagonist as a feel-good American hero (even though the real-life inspiration was apparently anything but), and reached across the political aisle by simultaneously praising the resolve of a virtuous soldier (again, the protagonist of the film, not necessarily the real guy) and confronting the very real problems veterans face in returning to America. Even the controversy the film attracted was relatively light and easily drowned out by widespread embrace from the public.

Detroit, on the other hand, is a brutal and depressing film with no real star power to speak of. Even in the best of circumstances, it was destined to struggle.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The trailer mix I got today is in the running for one of my worst this year:

TYLER PERRY'S BOO 2! A MADEA HALLOWEEN

Alpha

Flatliners (fuuuuuuuck)

Birth of the Dragon

Good Time

As I was leaving I heard the mother! trailer in Kidnap, so that just made me extra mad my mix was shit.

I've gotten the Flatliners trailer with the last six movies I've seen. Sick of it.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

I've gotten the Flatliners trailer with the last six movies I've seen. Sick of it.

I audibly sighed when I got it here and Logan Lucky. It looks so fucking lame, and there's a strong chance it's my new trailer stalker. Yaaaaaay.

Aloha (lol I'm keeping this typo) was definitely the weirdest trailer I got today though. Like, the other for make sense because they're out relatively soon, but Alpha isn't out for like 7 fucking months. That shit is gonna bomb.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Aloha (lol I'm keeping this typo) was definitely the weirdest trailer I got today though. Like, the other for make sense because they're out relatively soon, but Alpha isn't out for like 7 fucking months. That shit is gonna bomb.

visually it looks stunning. but it looks kinda dumb too

• Like 1

Just now, That Floating Guy said:

Now Alpha...there's a film that looks like fucking garbage

Nobody reacted to it. NOBODY. It looks like Sony's discount Revenant made for families even    though it's not really for families.

• Like 1

If you don't want to watch the trailers then come in like 10-20 minutes after the show starts (depending on how long your theater's trailers are)

But I gotta get there 20-30 minutes early because I'm a freak about timeliness   

If you don't want to watch the trailers then come in like 10-20 minutes after the show starts (depending on how long your theater's trailers are)

This, but then that's distracting as fuck to others. Don't be a casual; sit through the damn trailers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I audibly sighed when I got it here and Logan Lucky. It looks so fucking lame, and there's a strong chance it's my new trailer stalker. Yaaaaaay.

4 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Never seen a frame of the FLATLINERS remake. There are a few perks to not seeing tons of movies in theaters.  

The 1990 movie was hardly a masterpiece but this one looks so lame. Plus the cast feels so low-rent (you think they would've tried harder than...Ellen Page, who has barely been clinging to the C-list for a while now and who is somehow still playing students even though Juno was 10 years ago, and Diego Luna).

• Like 1

I got Flatliners during THB too. Someone said it looked stupid. 

Other trailers:

I got Mother! Someone said it looks weird 

American Made got a few murmurs 

Black Panther. No reaction 

Justice League. Someone said it looks awful 

Tyler Perry's Halloween movie....people were cracking up 

American Assassin. No reaction 

Kingsman. No reaction 

• Like 2