baumer

BOT---Revisiting the top 25 of 1987.....We have a tie at number 1!!

9 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Really sad hardly any of the actual 1987 set movies/high school dramedies made the list.

Adventures in Babysitting, Overboard, Can't Buy Me Love and Some Kind of Wonderful are all great feel good movies and deserve better.

...So now that this is finally out of the way can't we get to 1997 already???

@Squadron Leader Tele, @grim22

Unfortunately, I think 87 is the last one we will do this year. Just not enough time for either of us currently.

26 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Unfortunately, I think 87 is the last one we will do this year. Just not enough time for either of us currently.

What if someone else hosted it?

I'd be willing to do the write ups again, I had fun doing them.

If someone else can tally everything up, as I'm not good with excel.  but I think we could do a 1997.  

• Like 1

Just now, Tower said:

I could tally things up on Excel if you want.

So there you have it.  Let's do it.  You and I could do this together.  We can have everyone send everything to you and I, and you can tally and I'll do the write-ups.  Would that work for you?  You are more than welcome to do some write ups as well, but I love writing and research, so if you want me to do that part solo, I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tower said:

We were going to do 1997,@Stutterng baumer Denbrough said he would start a thread, but I don't know what happened with that.

Sorry I ended up going on vacation for your 6 days right after the last list. I promise I will get a thread started tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That would be great and would get people to watch more movies out of their experience and comfort zone but if I had to choose - 1967 was a hell of a year for film.

The year's ending soon enough that we only got two, at the most three lists we can do of years that end with either 2 or 7. 1992 and 2002 would seem logical to hit after 1997, and we'd fully cover the past three decades that way, but if we go older I agree that 1967 would be a fine pick. 1972, 1977 and 1982 strike me as much less interesting, in the first two cases #1 couldn't be more obvious and '77 and '82 were comparatively boring movie years on the whole. 

• Like 1