Eric Sparrow

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

20 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

IMAX says dec 6th back in theaters 

Seem they are confident with the GG chance

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Seem they are confident with the GG chance

Phoenix is locked to win the drama actor globe imo and can probably be an upset over the irishman in drama picture.. 

the controversies are dead in the water and Joker is the best kind of popular film that the HFPA like to reward.

• Thanks 1

I hat to say it, but as much as I liked The Joker,I don't think it's the kind of film that really benefits from an Imax release. But can't blame Warners for milking the cash cow for all it;'s worth.

And do I have to remind people the GOlden Globes are pretty much a joke? No one takes them seriously.

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And do I have to remind people the GOlden Globes are pretty much a joke? No one takes them seriously.

They are, but Golden Globe winner still looks nice.

If Joker wins at the Golden Globes, something tells me that certain people on Twitter are going to declare it to be the Bohemian Rhapsody of 2019, even though BR is a generic feel good biopic, while Joker has been accused of somehow being the most dangerous movie ever made. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If Joker wins at the Golden Globes, something tells me that certain people on Twitter are going to declare it to be the Bohemian Rhapsody of 2019, even though BR is a generic feel good biopic, while Joker has been accused of somehow being the most dangerous movie ever made. 

I should be over it by now but I seriously cant get enough of those violence and doom proclamations blowing up in people's faces! Like, it seriously couldn't have gone more wrong for them. What a bunch of bozos.

In all seriousness though, calling them bozos is taking it lightly and letting them off the hook. At the risk of sounding just like them, sometimes I feel THEY are the danger, especially those in the media. People are generally sheep and it's so easy to put ideas in their had and cause unnecessary chaos and unrest (basically what George Soros does for a living).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'll believe it when I see it. Nobody spoke to all 6000 voters or so. We've heard those teas before. 

That said, awesome for Joaquin win, may it be one of many. :bravo:

• Like 1

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Best Film, Director, Actor, Score.

Missed out writing (was a veeeery long shot as it's not split between original and adapted and the field was crowded), but otherwise hit every category it could realistically. Good result - better than expected given the directing nod.

Surprised by the directing nod, tho it won't mean much for the rest of the awards season.

AFI + critics choice + GG + venice golden lion win

I still Joker is quite safe for best picture nomination at oscar now. Not even TDK can get that gg nom 

It’s very funny how twitter warriors have regrouped again and restarted their smear campaign.All these “verified” accounts and supposed scoopers attacking the movie after the nomination is ridiculous and predictable at the same time.One was even throwing tantrums at why Joker was nominated over Hustlers.smh.

Anyway all Joker needs right now is a Producers Guild nomination to lock the best picture nomination.After it’s success in UK I wouldn’t rule out Bafta either.

14 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

It’s very funny how twitter warriors have regrouped again and restarted their smear campaign.All these “verified” accounts and supposed scoopers attacking the movie after the nomination is ridiculous and predictable at the same time.One was even throwing tantrums at why Joker was nominated over Hustlers.smh.

Anyway all Joker needs right now is a Producers Guild nomination to lock the best picture nomination.After it’s success in UK I wouldn’t rule out Bafta either.

Twitter is garbage. It’s just an excuse for individuals on both ends of the political spectrum to smear people and things they don’t like. What else is new?