Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

10 minutes ago, JB33 said:

The first trailer was so great because it gave off that tragic "oddball guy has enough with society and slowly descends into madness" vibe so well. The 2nd trailer was more upbeat. It was kind of like going from Suicide Squad's first trailer to the next one. Total change in tone.

Eh, upbeat isn't a good term to describe any of it. If you ask me, it looks more glamourised and romanticised than upbeat.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Eh, upbeat isn't a good term to describe any of it. If you ask me, it looks more glamourised and romanticised than upbeat.

Yeah, that's probably a better way to describe it. 

And Mark Maron, who has a role in "The Joker " tries insults comic book fans:

https://movieweb.com/joker-movie-marc-maron-talks-superhero-movies/

I understand this has been part of Maron's shtick for some time, but you think he would have the brains to keep his mouth shut about it when he has a role in a CBM.

I never liked the guy, always though he was a textbook example of someone trying way too hard to be edgy,and, worst of all, I never found him to be very funny.

But this was just plain dumb. Guaranteed, he is now on the Warners Brs blacklist over this, and it will be long time before he works on a Warners project again.

And the new trailer makes the film look even better then before.

The hype is nuts in social media from what I seen. Would be shocked if it doesn’t do over 100 million 

4 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

The hype is nuts in social media from what I seen. Would be shocked if it doesn’t do over 100 million 

There was a bunch of hype on social media over Detective Pikachu. We know how that turned out.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

17 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

There was a bunch of hype on social media over Detective Pikachu. We know how that turned out.

Not really comparable and this coming from someone who wanted detective pikachu to do huge and tracked it hard 

detective pikachu buzz was more curiosity and shock than actual interest in movie 

joker is actually a movie worth having interest and watching in theatres 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dudalb said:

I understand this has been part of Maron's shtick for some time, but you think he would have the brains to keep his mouth shut about it when he has a role in a CBM.

I never liked the guy, always though he was a textbook example of someone trying way too hard to be edgy,and, worst of all, I never found him to be very funny.

But this was just plain dumb. Guaranteed, he is now on the Warners Brs blacklist over this, and it will be long time before he works on a Warners project again.

Marc Maron was being funny and WB probably doesn't give two shits.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope the trigger for his him finally becoming the Joker isn’t getting dumped by Zazie  because he’s a creep. 

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

I don't think WB will care all that much. The marketing certainly doesn't seem to have any interest in promoting this as a CBM.

2 hours ago, ban1o said:

I hope the trigger for his him finally becoming the Joker isn’t getting dumped by Zazie  because he’s a creep. 

Spoiler

Theyre never together to begin with, she's just nice to him 

The guy mentioned above, actor in joker:

• Haha 1

That final trailer's a not as good cover version of the previous one, but I'm liking the sound of him a proper antagonist, rather than  a sympathetic antihero. The Joker should never, ever be the latter. 

48 minutes ago, excel1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lol I just read the script. i Wonder where the kissing scene fits in

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

To paraphrase what he said the other day on Conan, relax nerds you're in charge now

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, cannastop said:

That would have been a red-hot take... when the teaser was released 11 months ago.

• Like 1

Please AMPAS give Joaquin and Scarlett Oscars! Pleeeeaaaase. 🙏

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

So, nothing can ever be influenced by those two films simply because of how great they are?