Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

The guy mentioned above, actor in joker:

He's too old to be this insufferable about comic book movies, 'sarcasm' or not. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, cause actors from rival franchises tend to be supporting of each other and their movies. When Phoenix raves hit, I'm sure a lot of Marvel alumni will join in congratulations. As will Aquaman folks, arguably the least mature DC movie. So Mr Literal Who needs to learn humility. 

Edited by Valonqar

Posted (edited)

Wow. The MCU has really changed the whole narrative. Venom, with bad buzz opened to 80 million. Suicide Squad with Joker hype and awful review buzz opened to 135 million.  You're telling me, an R-Rated Joker movie with good buzz won't open higher than 60-70 million? Lmao. The most popular villain of all time not named Darth Vader is going to open above 60 million dollars in 2019 money with a well known respected actor getting Oscar buzz? 

Don't be surprised if this opens to 80+ with an R rating if the buzz continues to rise. 100 million+ wouldn't surprise me either.

Edited by jaybox
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Joker impressions should be out soon™

Edited by NamakFiskKa

9 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

I thought Joker was playing at Venice on the 31st.

I think it still is? 

It'll be interesting to see the anger when this is not nominated for Best Picture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It'll be interesting to see the anger when this is not nominated for Best Picture.

The Academy will then expand to 15 movies

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think anyone thinks this is a best picture candidate, but people will be incredibly mad if Joaquin is nominated, but pretty much everyone thinks he's getting nominated and he's currently the odds on favorite

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Now that I think about it chances are that it won’t but hey it’s not impossible.That being said ,if they are going to nominate a blockbuster that would be Toy Story 4 I think.Hey Joker And Endgame could still be nominated for Best Popular film...oh wait...

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

But Endgame and Star Wars end up getting nominated 

:ohmyzod:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

12 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

There was a bunch of hype on social media over Detective Pikachu. We know how that turned out.

Joker didn't need to deal with 2.8b monster hit

14 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

But Endgame and Star Wars end up getting nominated 

:ohmyzod:

Tbh, Endgame has a minuscule chance of being nominated if Disney really pushes for it.

33 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think it still is? 

Just making sure. Was just confused on it saying reactions coming soon when its like 2 days away.

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Joker didn't need to deal with 2.8b monster hit

I suppose. Then again, I couldn't really count the number of times I heard "biggest media franchise ever" as reasoning for Pikachu breaking out and hurting Endgame in the process.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Minnale101 said:

The hype is nuts in social media from what I seen. Would be shocked if it doesn’t do over 100 million 

Yes, it will very likely finish above 100M DOM.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)

Social media hype is far from a guarantee to actual box office though. It'll certainly be profitable (unless it's an outright bomb) given the budget, but I'm still bearish on a lot of the predictions I've been seeing.

As for Oscars, I think the best shot is probably makeup. Actor is also possible but there's definitely enough strong candidates he could get edged out.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 hour ago, infamous5445 said:

Tbh, Endgame has a minuscule chance of being nominated if Disney really pushes for it.

Has as much chance as TFA did.

Endgame's commentary indicated that the Russos want to push for Score, so they'll likely focus on that. Maybe a push for RDJ as well, but given the field/timing that seems unlikely at this point.