Eric loves Rey

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

I like the trailer. Makes me cautiously optimistic, despite the director.

With the absolutely fucking awful discourse surrounding the movie, I honestly don't expect good reviews.

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Avatree said:

75-B05-C94-8-F79-4038-84-EC-CC42-BBDE27-

When you hear some dude beat your high score and you have to run halfway across town to your computer in order to call him a racial slur.

And then your mom comes blazing through in a big ass truck to stop you or else no tendies tonight.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 1

Yeah I would feel really fucking skeevy if I bought a ticket to this movie.

I guess since we’re mentioning the political discussions around this movie, here’s one that says that the movie seems to call to mind the profile of mass shooters. Mind you, the article also claims that the Aurora shooter called himself the Joker, even though that turned out to not actually be true. Still, it’s pretty fair to say that this movie will likely stir up quite the conversation. In other words, get ready for a divisive film. 

10 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Is the Metacritic reviews going to come in tommorow too?

If reviews are coming, a metascore is coming too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TestPattern said:

What are you guys expecting for this? I'm predicting 70s in RT score, which would be good.

me too

2 hours ago, TestPattern said:

What are you guys expecting for this? I'm predicting 70s in RT score, which would be good.

That seems kind of low. I don't see it going below Endgame (as the other big comic book movie of this year) if it truly lives up to the buzz that's been going on and is a unique comic book movie.

4 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

That seems kind of low. I don't see it going below Endgame (as the other big comic book movie of this year) if it truly lives up to the buzz that's been going on and is a unique comic book movie.

% or avg?  There are quite a few CBMs in the 90% range but only 4 with an avg 8.0 and higher and only TDK has a higher avg than AEG's 8.3

5 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Uhh, what? Endgame was extremely well reviewed, that's not a great bar to be holding this too. 2019 has been a great year for CBMs with critic RT, making the top 3 would be great for Joker (takes 90+).