Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

Exciting reactions. If Ehrlich hated it, I can't wait for his review.

13 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

@lorddemaxus bets on that he didn't like it that much? :stirthepot:

Are you two just holding on to that one possible negative review and ignoring all the raves yeh? 😂

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Discourse is a word that has been used twice already so it’s about time I google translate it.....Aaaand I still don’t get shit....

It must be hard for the critics to have to file a review straight away. 

I think I’d need to think about a film for a while before I wrote a whole review on it. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Are you two just holding on to that one possible negative review and ignoring all the raves yeh? 😂

Not really, just waiting for more reactions 🙂

I don’t think reviews will be  even mixed 

Edited by RealLyre

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

And these Venice audiences can be very tough...I think it’s Venice and Cannes that are the most brutal of the festivals...Maybe just Cannes?

Not that tough.  They loved Downsizing

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/lifestyle/arts/2017/08/31/downsizing-opens-venice-fest-to-applause_c162071e-0a2c-47d1-b6ee-319fd00be4d3.html

I do think Ehrlich's review might be positive and he really said that because of the discourse. On one hand you have DC cultists, misogynists, and fascists talking about how this film is so amazing (for all the wrong reasons) and you also have people from the other side of the spectrum talking about how it's just white man wish fullfilment, gonna start mass shootings, or whatever (not as bad as the takes from misogynists and fascists though). Regardless of what you say about this film, people are going to be pissed.  

• Like 8
  • Not Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It must be hard for the critics to have to file a review straight away. 

I think I’d need to think about a film for a while before I wrote a whole review on it. 

They're also seeing other films today so a blurb is what we'll get from most

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah, I remember that it started with an 84 on metacritic with 10 reviews. TIFF might be the real challenge.

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, I remember that it started with an 84 on metacritic with 10 reviews. TIFF might be the real challenge.

from 84 to 63 is quite the drop. I feel like if Phoenix wins the Volpi Cup for Best Actor at Venice, his best actor nom will be a lock. 

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

Driver's competition just got harder

Nah, everyone knew Phoenix had it but some opted to deny it to the very end. Driver should get 2 nominations...and win for Kylo Ren. :stirthepot:

It’s a fucking movie 

I don’t care what the message is . You don’t take it anything in media whether it’s a film or video game for face value 

if movie is engaging and a good watch. That’s all the matters 

anyone who takes it literally into the real world that’s nobody fault but theirs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Not Cool 1

11 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

It’s a fucking movie 

I don’t care what the message is . You don’t take it anything in media whether it’s a film or video game for face value 

if movie is engaging and a good watch. That’s all the matters 

anyone who takes it literally into the real world that’s nobody fault but theirs 

This pretty much.

Everyone wanted to jump on certain media outlets /individuals about how video games are not the reason for gun violence (which of course is true, people are crazy on their own ) but then we have certain critics hailing this movie bad for society and the negative impact it might have? Hypocrisy to the max imo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

This pretty much.

Everyone wanted to jump on certain media outlets /individuals about how video games are not the reason for gun violence (which of course is true, people are crazy on their own ) but then we have certain critics hailing this movie bad for society and the negative impact it might have? Hypocrisy to the max imo. 

Exactly and I’m super liberal and left for sure. So I defended shooting games just like how I defend this joker movie 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

This motherfucker must've had a fucking dictionary next to him as he spent thirty minutes writing this, then he gave himself a handjob and shot his load over the word articulate in the dictionary.

Edited by alibaba3317
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, alibaba3317 said:

This motherfucker must've had a fucking dictionary next to him as he spent thrirty minutes writing this, then he gave himself a handjob and shot his load over the word articulate in the dictionary.

why would they have invented thesaurus if they don't expect you to use it :sparta:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, alibaba3317 said:

This motherfucker must've had a fucking dictionary next to him as he spent thirty minutes writing this, then he gave himself a handjob and shot his load over the word articulate in the dictionary.

I mean the venice crowd is one of the snobbiest crowds out there (not as snobby as Cannes but still snobby af) so not surprising.