Eric Dolittle

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

Just now, excel1 said:

Opening day: $60 million

Opening Weekend: $135M

Total: $350m

Why is this gonna have a 2.25x multiplier? Us multiplier at worst.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

No, it's actually a good point. It's not necessarily fair that, in an industry where Superhero movies dominate the medium, that a Superhero movie got on to a prestige festival and could show the only way to make movies like the joker is if it has a superhero or villain in it.

Next up:

Superman Red Son will be made for the sole purpose of being Oscar bait like the Joker ;)

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

So geek oriented critics (Empire, Total Film, IGN, etc) absolutely love it, while "boo, when is SH fatigue gonna settle in" critics are mixed. :lol:

Weird. I would think this film would be perfect for the people who are sick of superhero movies. 

I was originally gonna ask, "where does DC go from here", the bigger question is "where does Todd Phillips go from here?"

What is he gonna do after this? I know he has the Hogan movie coming, but is he seriously gonna do comedy again?

8 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

No, it's actually a good point. It's not necessarily fair that, in an industry where Superhero movies dominate the medium, that a Superhero movie got on to a prestige festival and could show the only way to make movies like the joker is if it has a superhero or villain in it.

Meh, how's it worse (or as bad as) the trend of milquetoast to downright awful biopics that exploit real-life figures and reduce their complexity and nuances to little more than caricatures (and in worst case scenarios like BoRhap, the lesser said the better)?

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I never thought I'd say it but: DC... did it again?

After 2020 (given early word on the future movies) DC will have 6 fresh film and 4 rotten .

4 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

I was originally gonna ask, "where does DC go from here", the bigger question is "where does Todd Phillips go from here?"

What is he gonna do after this? I know he has the Hogan movie coming, but is he seriously gonna do comedy again?

He'll probably team up with Bradley Cooper (who himself made a much better transition into directing than anyone could've predicted when The Hangover kicked off his movie star ascension a decade ago) again but on a drama. Cooper's also one of the producers on this FYI. 

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, TestPattern said:

I wish the best for him. Hopefully he can get a passion project of his greenlit. In the age of franchise blockbusters, I want their great directors (Gareth Edwards, Scott Derrickson, the Russo brothers) to be able to get their original passion projects greenlit. If the greed of Hollywood deprives directors and moviegoers of that silver lining, then we are truly in dark times.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

A 20/100 on MetaCritic crushed the score to 74.

Does littlewhitelies also review for metacritic? Because if so, we should be expecting another 20.

8 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Next up:

Superman Red Son will be made for the sole purpose of being Oscar bait like the Joker ;)

Sole purpose? Don’t forget the $$$$

This could be a huge R rated hit. 

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Does littlewhitelies also review for metacritic? Because if so, we should be expecting another 20.

I don't believe so.

Just now, infamous5445 said:

O/U Endgame on Metacritic? 

Over, for sure.

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

After 2020 (given early word on the future movies) DC will have 6 fresh film and 4 rotten .

Man of Steel's bullshit reviews should be reversed at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, infamous5445 said:

O/U Endgame on Metacritic? 

That had 1 review rated 100. 

This has 2 already. 

But I’m sure Joker is more polarising so will have more reviews that are lower rated. 

Bit of a random comparison though, lol.