Eric Dolittle

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

12 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Guess we should have known it wouldn't take long to break down to only SJWs will give bad reviews and only losers, incels (whatever that is) etc will like it.

so I guess the rest of us that don't fit into either box just shouldn't watch it 😛

This! Ugh, society is so terribly exhausting right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alibaba3317 said:

Standing and clapping at a screen for 8 minutes is pretty psychotic. 

As psychotic as the Joker himself, perhaps?

🤔

if phoenix gets nominated for this, it'll be a make up award for DC because they snubbed Momoa last year.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Not Cool 2

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

We live in a society.

• Disbelief 1

18 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Guess we should have known it wouldn't take long to break down to only SJWs will give bad reviews and only losers, incels (whatever that is) etc will like it.

so I guess the rest of us that don't fit into either box just shouldn't watch it 😛

If you're referring to my post I didn't mean that only those people will like it, just that they will co-opt it like they did with Fight club/Clockwork orange/Pewdiepie/Rammstein etc etc and that it's frustrating. I've already seen many right-wingers with Phoenix's Joker as a twitter handle. It's not the movie's fault necessary, those people will fixate on anything. Like I said I'm very excited for this movie and I don't have any opinion yet since I haven't seen it, I'm not making any judgments

1 minute ago, bleachella said:

If you're referring to my post I didn't mean that only those people will like it, just that they will co-opt it like they did with Fight club/Clockwork orange/Pewdiepie/Rammstein etc etc and that it's frustrating. I've already seen many right-wingers with Phoenix's Joker as a twitter handle. It's not the movie's fault necessary, those people will fixate on anything. Like I said I'm very excited for this movie and I don't have any opinion yet since I haven't seen it, I'm not making any judgments

Wasn't referring to your post at all, just was catching up, but looking back, yeah it was right after yours so I see how it could look.  I didn't even see your post until now so I have no position on your point so all good :)

• Thanks 1

I had to come in here for the Joker buzz.  It didn't disappoint.  Can't wait to see it.   Sounds like at worst Phoenix will be nominated for Best Actor? 

23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Seeing Marriage Story with a 9.09 avg rating a few days ago got me so fucking excited, in what fucking dimension are we in where Joker comes in later on and tops that with a 9.15 after the same amount of reviews.

Look at Top Critics - the 2 most negative have no score but the avg is still lower at 7.5 - currently the same avg as MC)- and you can see which one will most likely land in the low 9s or high 8s and which won't.    Then again RT has just approved 600 more critics so who knows.

4 more reviews (all fresh) on RT, now 88% and the average has gone up even more to 9.18. We can finally see the top critics and the movie's rotten at 57% with a 7.5.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Look at Top Critics - the 2 most negative have no score but the avg is still lower at 7.5 - currently the same avg as MC)- and you can see which one will most likely land in the low 9s or high 8s and which won't.    Then again RT has just approved 600 more critics so who knows.

I'm not saying anything like that, obviously Marriage Story will be higher when all is set and done, I'm also more excited for it than Joker. I merely said it's really bizarre to see this at all.

any controversy will help the boxoffice, everyone will want to see it for themselves 

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, JB33 said:

are you intentionally playing into that meme?

That average rating is not only insane, but the fact that all of the negative reviews on RT so far are from Top Critics is downright strange.