at least the 5/5s haven't stopped lol

TV spots gonna be filled with Ehrlich quotes and 5/5's, I can see it already 

• Astonished 1

Just now, TMP said:

TV spots gonna be filled with Ehrlich quotes and 5/5's, I can see it already 

Like the Joker would’ve wanted.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Europeans seems to be head over heels with it.Americans  not so much.

The weird thing is, it’s normally the opposite. Still, when you stop to think about it, I guess that kind of makes sense. European politics are a pretty different beast from American politics. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Europeans seems to be head over heels with it.Americans  not so much.

Europeans just don't care about all that woke bs and evaluate it as it is. I suppose GA and fans will receive it better than people expect here. It'll probably be in imdb top 250 a year after release.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I can see $70m easier than $100m. 

It’s not going to have any families. 

But if Venom could do $80m despite being a steaming pile of cinematic shit with horrific reviews, then anything could happen for this. 

Eh don't underestimate how clueless some American parents can be*

*But probably not 30m worth of clueless.

The corrected RT Top critics score would now be 50% with an 8/10 average rating. But of course RT won't figure out they've missed some so it says 38% and 7.2/10.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The corrected RT Top critics score would now be 50% with an 8/10 average rating. But of course RT won't figure out they've missed some so it says 38% and 7.2/10.

Critics put the hit out on Gotti Joker!

This is ridiculous 

america really is so fucked that they worry a movie will cause some crazies to do nutty things from watching it 

every other country knows it’s just a movie. 

• Like 3

They really should have missed Toronto and just release it on October 4 following Venice hype.

7 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

This is ridiculous 

america really is so fucked that they worry a movie will cause some crazies to do nutty things from watching it 

every other country knows it’s just a movie. 

People here in North America are getting so self-righteous and insufferable. It's causing some pretty serious friction because, apart from the people who can just tune it out and move on with their life, it's causing people on the other side of the coin to double down on their views and fight back. I don't want to be too dramatic but I feel like there's this tension brewing that is going to come to a head soon in some way, shape or form.

• Like 1

I'm honestly confused by all the R rated locked comments. The movie even has no 3D and minimal PLF screens. I honestly don't see any R-rated movie getting the record until inflation has a big enough effect or Deadpool 3 releases.

• Like 1

Anyway, I'm just glad it's overall getting so much praise. I'm going to focus on that while I gear up for the release on October 4! Absolutely cannot wait!

I honestly felt this was going over Venom OW before all the "controversy" because I just see Joker as a much more prominent comic book character than Venom.  However,  the lack of families is going to keep it under something like Suicide Squad IMO.  

I can see families attending Deadpool,  I did see families attending Deadpool.  A lot of parents don't care if kids hear "fuck" a hundred times. 

This seems far less kid friendly than Deadpool.   I'm going with around $90M OW for Joker as of right now.  

These negative reviews are just laughable. Those "critics" pretend to be sociologists and not actual movie reviewers that review what's actually in the movie but instead what they want it's if it fits their agenda of political correctness and all the other bullcrap that are concerned nowadays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

People here in North America are getting so self-righteous and insufferable. It's causing some pretty serious friction because, apart from the people who can just tune it out and move on with their life, it's causing people on the other side of the coin to double down on their views and fight back. I don't want to be too dramatic but I feel like there's this tension brewing that is going to come to a head soon in some way, shape or form.

I think that its mostly 10% of people on each side yelling each other on twitter while most people in the mainstream have tuned out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think that its mostly 10% of people on each side yelling each other on twitter while most people in the mainstream have tuned out. 

Could be, but I have encountered it in person several times. Anecdotal, I know. Anyway I'm going to back off the topic and get back to the movie.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I honestly felt this was going over Venom OW before all the "controversy" because I just see Joker as a much more prominent comic book character than Venom.  However,  the lack of families is going to keep it under something like Suicide Squad IMO.  

I can see families attending Deadpool,  I did see families attending Deadpool.  A lot of parents don't care if kids hear "fuck" a hundred times. 

This seems far less kid friendly than Deadpool.   I'm going with around $90M OW for Joker as of right now.  

There was a family with like 2 and 5 year old kids when I went to see It this weekend, American parents don't give a shit they'll take their kids to see anything and the Joker's a hugely popular character. I don't have a doubt in my mind that this will open over $100m