Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

The trend is continuing. Another Irish reviewer gave the film 5/5.   Pretty much the only negatives are coming from here in the states. 

Perfectly right on cue, 2 rottens to bring the average and percentage back down.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The trend is continuing. Another Irish reviewer gave the film 5/5.   Pretty much the only negatives are coming from here in the states. 

Yeah ... Out of the 34 rotten I think 5 or so are overseas. Outside US this is getting like 90% ... but 65-70 in US

Edited by AdamKendall

something's not right with top critics reviews it says 13 fresh 11 rotten but there are actually 17 fresh? 

I just wanna see a movie. That's all. Matinee price, in and out. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

:bagoverhead:

Not surprised by this move. You have the media talking about this non-stop and people joking about something like this happening on social media. If they didn’t do this and god forbid something occurred the response would be “Well the warning signs were everywhere!” So better to be safe than sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Nova said:

Not surprised by this move. You have the media talking about this non-stop and people joking about something like this happening on social media. If they didn’t do this and god forbid something occurred the response would be “Well the warning signs were everywhere!” So better to be safe than sorry. 

I agree but it sounds more like if something happens it's gonna be because of all the fear-mongering from the media & the attention the internet is giving it rather than anything in the actual movie. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

:bagoverhead:

This is pure insanity. 2019 is a stupid year. 

• Thanks 3

The fear-mongering is in part to have a muted Opening Weekend.  The negative critics would feel like they accomplished something if this misses the projections. 

• Thanks 2

This is probably costing the police millions of extra dollars, because they have to take precautions and investigations and the reason for it is nothing more than this stupid "fear mongering campaign"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

The fear-mongering is in part to have a muted Opening Weekend.  The negative critics would feel like they accomplished something if this misses the projections. 

I’m gonna be so pissed if this happens 

It all went downhill thanks to Tiff

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Essem said:

This is probably costing the police millions of extra dollars, because they have to take precautions and investigations and the reason for it is nothing more than this stupid "fear mongering campaign"

agreed, just arm the ushers with AR-15s , no need for cops

• Haha 1

Will be interesting to see if there's a disconnect between the DOM and OS performance as anecdotally I don't see any of this worry over Joker at least in Australia. 

• Like 1

‘Joker’ Threat Concerns Has NYPD Taking Undercover Precautions For Opening Weekend

"Undercover"? How convenient. Even cops want to watch Joker on opening night, with taxpayer-funded popcorn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm torn between still really looking forward to seeing this movie and already being sick of hearing about it before I've even had the chance to do so. Bravo to everyone, I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

The time has come.  The moment we had all been waiting for.   Grace Randolph has seen the movie.  She said it's "brilliant."  

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1