Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:06 AM, The Panda said:

This movie really is this decade’s V is for Vendetta.

A surface level comic book film that the internet takes way to seriously,

And will horrify the creators in that a character they meant to be portrayed as a psychotic has been made into some kind of folk hero.

That happened twice with Alan Moore, first Rosharch, and then "Guy Fawkes" in "V for Vendetta" who Moore intended to show was only marginally better then the people he was trying to overthrow.

• Like 1

Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker mask & makeup spotted during Chile protests in Santiago

The unique Joker movie’s adaptation of the clown prince of crime is slowly turning right into a symbol among folk in varied societies to fight succor against injustice. Nonetheless this time, its no longer correct the costume but even references/quotes from the DC film are being weak by protestors in Chile, Santiago. After the folk in Lebanon, Beirut wore Joker masks and makeup at some stage in their stammer against the regime in energy. Now, its the electorate of Chile donning the Joker persona at some stage in their protests in the streets.

Since early October, an enlarge in subway fares in Chile led to high college students leaping over turnstiles at metro stations in Santiago. Nonetheless as police began cracking down violently on passengers for dodging turnstiles, the incident soon grew to turn into right into a huge stammer and the subject grew to turn into grand bigger than correct the transit fare hike.

1571739459_protests-chile.png

https://www.google.pt/amp/s/headlinezpro.com/joaquin-phoenixs-joker-mask-makeup-spotted-during-chile-protests-in-santiago/amp/

Edited by shawntyrel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Updates on Joker & politicians:

In an effort to diffuse tensions, Greece's Minister of Civil Protection Michalis Chrysochoidis said he would watch the movie together with his 15-year-old son.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

First post so hi everyone!

I was checking to see if the retail store I usually buy movies at had Joker on pre-sale and it does. According to them, the movie should start shipping around the 12th of February. Just wanted to say this because I remember people discussing a December release date.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Most famous steps in movies history?

1) Rocky

2) Exorcist

3) Joker

Which am I forgetting? I guess they have to be a real set of steps that can be visited.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Which am I forgetting? I guess they have to be a real set of steps that can be visited.

Forgetting the #1 I reckon.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

1) Rocky

2) Exorcist

3) Joker

tenor.gif?itemid=4829010

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

1) Rocky

2) Exorcist

3) Joker

Titanic

MV5BMTYxNDU1Mzk0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDc0

9959902693_4c3d8e92d9_b.jpg

c06a733fe2b2fcf1891b905c47ba2cd4.jpg

non-Hollywood

Ju-On (2000)

82109dc956007c9b6fa2391f8a6b474c.jpg

Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (staircase scene is very pivotal and epic - central to the plot)

anigif_sub-buzz-21324-1494937031-1.gif

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Forgetting the #1 I reckon.

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, yes. Probably forgot a lot of the foreign ones. How could I forget Potemkin though? Somewhat ashamed.

I was more so thinking steps that could be visited. I guess there are plenty of courthouse and museum steps I'm forgetting. Those are more know for the location rather than the steps but those can count too.

Fuck it. Just any famous movie steps built on set or otherwise are fine. It'll be more fun that way...

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Steps that Mr. Glass topples down in Unbreakable are on my list too. Imagine they're not hard to find in Philly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Untouchables steps, in Union Station... Homage to Potemkin, of course, but I imagine that scene is far more known to general audiences than the original.

• Like 3

The Joker stairs are from the Bronx and therefore would beat the shit out of any of these other stairs in a straight up fist fight.