Eric Dolittle

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

It’s obvious from press interviews that Phoenix really fell in love with roll and that’s probably the only reason he’s even considering doing a sequel. Just cause he hasn’t done sequels in the past and didn’t want to be Dr.Strange doesn’t mean the guy isn’t allowed to have a change of heart. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cax16 said:

It’s obvious from press interviews that Phoenix really fell in love with roll and that’s probably the only reason he’s even considering doing a sequel. Just cause he hasn’t done sequels in the past and didn’t want to be Dr.Strange doesn’t mean the guy isn’t allowed to have a change of heart. 

Of course he’s allowed to have a change of heart. It’s a free country. That doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to be disappointed in the decision to make another one. 

Edit: Just saw the Deadline article. That’s a mild relief. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

That's a shame. I'm probably the only person online who actually wanted this. I just think there's still a lot of room to explore in the story, I'm interested in the missing link between Arthur becoming an accidental icon of a revolutionary movement, and him becoming a supervillain.

Edited by Last Man Standing

Rofl I think THR may be legit and WB got Deadline to shoot down their scoop. The Deadline article emphasizes how the sequel is an inevitability too. It seems to be just sushing things until awards season is done. 

WB have a real problem with leaks.

9 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Rofl I think THR may be legit and WB got Deadline to shoot down their scoop. The Deadline article emphasizes how the sequel is an inevitability too. It seems to be just sushing things until awards season is done. 

WB have a real problem with leaks.

So far we have

Hollywood Reporter: Joker sequel a go, and other villain movies from Todd Phillips

Deadline: LOL, THR are idiots

Variety: Joker sequel might be in very early discussions but nothing will happen for a while and there are no other villain movies from Phillips.

It’s weird that the three most credible publications in pop culture each have conflicting reports regarding the status of a Joker sequel. In any case, I would really hope that Todd Phillips would have enough creative integrity to not do a sequel, but this is the same guy responsible for the Hangover trilogy, so I’m not super optimistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Of course he’s allowed to have a change of heart. It’s a free country. That doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to be disappointed in the decision to make another one. 

Edit: Just saw the Deadline article. That’s a mild relief. 

Joker 2 will 100% get a sequel - just hasn't been announced. Logically, the announcement should and would be made after the Academy Awards ceremony - for obvious reasons.

There will b some movie made in jokerverse. What and when will take some time to figure out.Movie and character are too popular to just stop after 1 movie. Plus Joker has so many story lines and its not hard to find a sequel/prequel/reimage for this character.

I find it ironic the guy who thought Joker would bomb is the one who thinks there should not be another movie on that character. its like saying since RDJ is dead, never make another IM movie in MCU !!!! These comic book characters are locked to be back and WB knows they are sitting on a gold mine. Just don’t hurry into a sequel.

Edited by keysersoze123

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

There will b some movie made in jokerverse. What and when will take some time to figure out.Movie and character are too popular to just stop after 1 movie. Plus Joker has so many story lines and its not hard to find a sequel/prequel/reimage for this character.

I find it ironic the guy who thought Joker would bomb is the one who thinks there should not be another movie on that character. its like saying since RDJ is dead, never make another IM movie in MCU !!!! These comic book characters are locked to be back and WB knows they are sitting on a gold mine. Just don’t hurry into a sequel.

Are you referring to me? If so, I never thought the movie would bomb. Yeah, I made a club where I predicted it would make less than Shazam! (which was obviously far off the mark), but I never assumed that it would outright flop. I’m also not the only person who thinks the movie shouldn’t get any sequels. 

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Are you referring to me? If so, I never thought the movie would bomb. Yeah, I made a club where I predicted it would make less than Shazam! (which was obviously far off the mark), but I never assumed that it would outright flop. I’m also not the only person who thinks the movie shouldn’t get any sequels. 

yes. Sub Shazam is disaster for a character as popular as Joker is.

As I said this is not an “original” one-off movie. This is a character with 7-8 decades of storylines. They could go in several directions with one or more movies. Plus this is not just a success. It has become a pop culture event. So another movie is inevitable. But Todd P and JP would negotiate hard for better backend with the sequel. Then they will be on board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

yes. Sub Shazam is disaster for a character as popular as Joker is.

As I said this is not an “original” one-off movie. This is a character with 7-8 decades of storylines. They could go in several directions with one or more movies. Plus this is not just a success. It has become a pop culture event. So another movie is inevitable. But Todd P and JP would negotiate hard for better backend with the sequel. Then they will be on board.

Those seven to eight decades of storylines almost all involve Batman. I don’t want to see Joaquin Phoenix face off against another version of Batman. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The Wrap gets into the action

It does sound 100% impossible for a person to be able to know what the title claim.