Eric Addams

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

Ok I see, so the plan is to have 12-15 superhero movies a year ?

Ok.

Duly noted.

Thought this was a joke when I first read the title, like seriously there are some characters who don't work well enough on their own, and The Joker is one of them.

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This is going to be the beginning of a DC Elseworlds on film brand which could be interesting if done right but also go horribly horribly wrong. We'll see where this goes.

Elseworlds might work as a umbrella title. They could do Red Son if the Joker film does well or maybe Gotham by Gaslight. 

• Like 1

A hard-boiled crime film set in the early '80s that's meant to feel like a hard-boiled crime film set in the mid-'70s, a black-and-white biopic set in the 1940s and 1950s, and a surreal black comedy that doesn't evoke any particular time. It's too bad New York New York is the red-headed stepchild of that Scorsese period or they would have thrown it in the description too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Agreed. The idea by itself is not wrong, just that The Joker is the wrong character for this.

I think directors just like the character a lot. And I get that. But gah. The Joker doesn't need an origin. Just like Wolverine doesn't need an origin. The best kind of origin for Joker needs to be vague, and gah. Yay. I went from excited to disgusted to eh. I'm still more excited for this than Venom or Silver and Black. Yay? :sparta:

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

A hard-boiled crime film set in the early '80s that's meant to feel like a hard-boiled crime film set in the mid-'70s, a black-and-white biopic set in the 1940s and 1950s, and a surreal black comedy that doesn't evoke any particular time. It's too bad New York New York is the red-headed stepchild of that Scorsese period or they would have thrown it in the description too

wait until they do the BANE movie that's being described as a mix of the age of innocence, cape fear and kundun.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

wait until they do the BANE movie that's being described as a mix of the age of innocence, cape fear and kundun.

A Bane origin story can actually be really cool, specifically if they keep the entire Santa Prisca prison element. It is basically Scarface now that I think about it :thinking: 

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

WB going full Sony. Never go full Sony

Just never go Sony. Unless you are handing out your franchises to other studios because you just all around suck. That's something Sony should be actually commended for. 

Joker origin movie :winomg:

Todd Phillips :gold:

Younger actor playing Joker :kitschjob:

Batman may not even be in it :sadben:

Edited by cookie

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

We are getting a Joker origin story instead of a Killing Joke Elsewords adaptation. Yay. 

I'd rather that be in the DCEU if we were to ever get one.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

A Bane origin story can actually be really cool, specifically if they keep the entire Santa Prisca prison element. It is basically Scarface now that I think about it :thinking: 

it would flop. after all, no one cared who he was until he put on the mask

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

aw yeah. hope they go full scorsese with this. i like my joker with full on CATHOLIC GUILT

I'm most looking forward to the way Harley Quinn illustrates the virgin/whore dichotomy

• Like 2

July 2021 gonna be interesting between this, Jabba the Hutt and the Aunt May movie

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Just never go Sony. Unless you are handing out your franchises to other studios because you just all around suck. That's something Sony should be actually commended for. 

Sony has nothing else outside Spider-Man. So milking his universe for everything it's got makes sense

WB doing Batman spinoffs when they got the entire DCU under their umbrella is worse

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

July 2021 gonna be interesting between this, Jabba the Hutt and the Aunt May movie

Don't forget Gambit starring Channing Tatum

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1