Eric Addams

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

This is being written by the guy who wrote The Fighter. Only makes sense that the guy who wrote the film starring an emaciated Batman would write the film starring an emaciated Joker.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

the teaser trailer. i remember people mocking it.

Venom was a camp-fest they tried to sell as a serious movie. That was the problem with the marketing; it was trying (and failing) hard to represent the movie in a genre it's not. Joker sounds a lot more serious than that film, so i'd be surprised if the trailer ends up failing like Venom's did.

Huge reception has me pumped, this mothers about to blow big...

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

todd phillips after writing this line

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=8104010

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I saw Peter Farrelly go from Dumb & Dumber (which was well received in a way but....  certainly odd and went OD on the toilet humor)  to Green Book which had an interesting reception to say the least but also won fucking Best Picture. 

The point is we won't know how good or bad or whatever the movie is until we see it for ourselves.  Some random guy on Twitter isn't going to make or break it.   

wait, isn't that song in Aquaman? Shared universe confirmed! :ohmygod:

when is the trailer dropping today? 

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

wait, isn't that song in Aquaman? Shared universe confirmed! :ohmygod:

when is the trailer dropping today? 

DCEU shall be renamed Living Great Gatsby Shared Universe.

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

DCEU shall be renamed Living Great Gatsby Shared Universe.

Tick Tock MCU, CCU, SCU, PCU, etc. :sparta:

I am 90% certain.. Joker will not be good review. You can save this comment if you want. It's going to get mixed reviews. 

• Not Cool 1

Is it for sure that it is not losely connected to the other DCEU movies? Like "Shazam" for example?

I don't get how they will handle a cameo by Joker in "Birds of Prey" and a whole "Joker" movie with different actors and no connections between them? When I shared the "Joker" poster with friends yesterday the first question was if Jared Leto was replaced with Joaquin Phoenix and when I responded that this will be a whole new incarnation of the character they were like :WHATanabe:

I mean, they also say that the new "Suicide Squad" is a complete reboot but have four characters returning with three of them being portrayed by the same actors. :sparta:

There was a rumour a while back that this was gonna be really woke, so I wonder if that'll spark another failed boycott at one of these, or if the presence of a male in the lead offsets that for the boycott brigade.

1 hour ago, EliasChristensen said:

Is it for sure that it is not losely connected to the other DCEU movies? Like "Shazam" for example?

I don't get how they will handle a cameo by Joker in "Birds of Prey" and a whole "Joker" movie with different actors and no connections between them? When I shared the "Joker" poster with friends yesterday the first question was if Jared Leto was replaced with Joaquin Phoenix and when I responded that this will be a whole new incarnation of the character they were like :WHATanabe:

I mean, they also say that the new "Suicide Squad" is a complete reboot but have four characters returning with three of them being portrayed by the same actors. :sparta:

Yea. This is gonna be it's own separate thing

2 Jokers at the same time is dumb and will confuse audiences but that's WB for ya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what iconic characters do for a movie. The hype around Joker is already miles higher than ever for Shazam.