Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

This is still trending No.1 on YT. :mouthdropped:

Yes,  Joker is coming to IMAX.  It's on their page.  I don't know if it'll be limited or a wide IMAX release. 

Will the film end with the murder of the Wayne family? Also Jeremy Jahns mentioned something interesting; that talk show with Robert De Niro’s character could be like a red wedding. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Also Jeremy Jahns mentioned something interesting; that talk show with Robert De Niro’s character could be like a red wedding. :ph34r:

It looks like they're taking some inspiration from The Dark Knight Returns where Joker goes on a talk show and murders everyone in the studio.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

This is still trending No.1 on YT. :mouthdropped:

😎

39 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

See this is where we differ.  You don't have to like the trailer or the attempt.  But to say it doesn't fit the genre is incorrect in my view because comic book movies isn't a "genre" to me.  A comic book movie can be any genre.  That was my whole point.  Some think CBM and all they think is CGI/spectacle,  that's not what comics are.   Comics are everything.  They can be action.  They can be spectacle. They can be sad,  depressing,  comedic,  family oriented,  dramatic,  suspenseful,  they can be literally any genre you could think of.  I don't like comics being boxed in. 

Of course they can be all those things and that's why we have what's called subgenres. Comedy, action, fantasy, etc. are merely subgenres of a larger genre... comic book movies. 

Joker just doesn't seem like a CBM of any sort to me. 

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I think their next big film like this should be Superman: Red Son

WB making a Superman movie? Good joke

21 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

That's because it's not supposed to be like a "CBM" movie you've seen before. God forbid filmmakers experiment with the potential of cinema.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Of course they can be all those things and that's why we have what's called subgenres. Comedy, action, fantasy, etc. are merely subgenres of a larger genre... comic book movies. 

How do you define a CBM

40 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

That's because it's not supposed to be like a "CBM" movie you've seen before. God forbid filmmakers experiment with the potential of cinema.

Not the point. A filmmaker can experiment as much as he or she likes. I'm just pointing out the irony in criticizing fans for not embracing a movie that doesn't appear to be embracing the genre. And for me, the best CBMs have found a balance between the former and the latter. 

I can tell this movie's defenders will be the Venom fans of this year already.

• Disbelief 1

15 minutes ago, Mulder said:

This actually has the potential to be good though. Also, Venom was an incredibly generic superhero film - it looked like a spiritual successor to Affleck's Daredevil.

Before he was the Joaquer...

different style, body transformation, oldies music, no purple outfit, no la-la dancing like from the first imagine months ago.

80 OW is the October record w/ Venom,

Joker should outsell Venom

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

1 hour ago, TMP said:

This actually has the potential to be good though. Also, Venom was an incredibly generic superhero film - it looked like a spiritual successor to Affleck's Daredevil.

Dont compare the Venom (the best comic book:hahaha:movie) to Joker (the best comic book :whosad: movie)

2 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Not the point. A filmmaker can experiment as much as he or she likes. I'm just pointing out the irony in criticizing fans for not embracing a movie that doesn't appear to be embracing the genre. And for me, the best CBMs have found a balance between the former and the latter. 

American Splendor and a History of Violence are comic book movies. It isn't a genre, it's a base-level description: this film is based on a comic book. Stylistically, something being a CBM tells you nothing. 

• ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

WB making a Superman movie? Good joke

poster_03.jpg

0883929091713_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

44 minutes ago, DAR said:

0883929091713_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

Sarah Douglas :wub: :wub: :wub:

5 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Its best you stick to your MCU films..ok