Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

13 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Acting happens. Phoenix just became Joker. 

Something happens: Trailer pretty much implies that this Joker is going to interact with a young Bruce Wayne and kidnap him. It also shows that perhaps this Joker turns into an idea because several people are wearing his mask and fighting against the police. We also see Arkham. 

Nothing else needs to be said. This is "Joker Begins". 

Glad you saw all of that.  To me, it was bland and boring.  Not saying the movie won't be great but the trailer is meh.

6 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Not the point. A filmmaker can experiment as much as he or she likes. I'm just pointing out the irony in criticizing fans for not embracing a movie that doesn't appear to be embracing the genre. And for me, the best CBMs have found a balance between the former and the latter. 

CBMs is not a genre, there is nothing to embrace here. 

• ...wtf 1

Love Joaquin Phoenix and I love the trailer. I just wish someone else was behind it with some proper credibility.

Predicted plot:

Arthur has a strong relationship with his deranged mother. Mom goes to Arkham and her treatment there is pitiful. Arthur frequently visits her. He is more and more distraught about what happens to her there. She had told him to make the world smile so he becomes a clown.  She possibly dies. He blames the city of Gotham for her death due to the way the mayor views the insane. He blames the sane and well-to-do. As a clown he transitions to the Joker. He is on his own and tries to become a comedian. But secretly he wants to plot against the mayor who he sees as the real evil in the city. At a variety show he kills many in the audience he views as "evils on society". He then goes after Mayor Wayne. Yes, he interacts with a young Bruce Wayne. He is eventually caught and sent to Arkham where he breaks out many of the residents. Perhaps Arthur does something to Bruce that makes Bruce obsessed/scared of bats.(as some say, maybe he kidnaps Bruce and Bruce escapes into tunnels filled with bats).

Posted (edited)

best reviwed cbm movie of the year?

Edited by AnDr3s

1 minute ago, AnDr3s said:

Shazam or Endgame I think. Not sure how Joker will end up, could go either way

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Looking at 13m views on youtube with 500k likes in 24 hours. 

I believe Aquaman had close to the same numbers. Not sure. 

in views yes, in likes i believe this have more

Edited by AnDr3s
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Love Joaquin Phoenix and I love the trailer. I just wish someone else was behind it with some proper credibility.

A lot of people thought of Adam McKay as just a comedy guy.   Then he made the Big Short and Vice.  James Wan was only known for horror and he branched out.   

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DAR said:

A lot of people thought of Adam McKay as just a comedy guy.   Then he made the Big Short and Vice.  James Wan was only known for horror and he branched out.   

Difference is I really enjoyed Adam McKay and James Wan's movies before they branched out, they were genuinely good (even great) filmmakers. Todd Phillips is not.

Edited by Lucas

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Difference is I really enjoyed Adam McKay and James Wan's movies before they branched out, they were genuinely good (even great) filmmakers. Todd Phillips is not.

Sandberg too, even with the weak script for Annabelle 2 he showed a lot of promise. Re: Phillips, I have faith in him as long as the script for this is good

15 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

Could end up being the worst. It's a toss up with Todd Phillips

i'm already having visions of fanboys in october whining about how critics don't want "deep" comic book movies critics only like the lighthearted stuff they don't take the genre seriously etc.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Looking at 13m views on youtube with 500k likes in 24 hours. 

I believe Aquaman had close to the same numbers. Not sure. 

Aquabro didn't have the millions of twitter views and elsewhere; views yesterday clearly #1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm already having visions of fanboys in october whining about how critics don't want "deep" comic book movies critics only like the lighthearted stuff they don't take the genre seriously etc.

"Shazam! was made for the fans critics!"

This is still trending No. 1 on YT after 24 hours. :what:

Just now, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I thought this was for gamers. Not critics or fanboys. 

This is Black Panther for gamers

• Thanks 1

Trailer is trending No. 1 on YT whereas EG's special look trailer for the pre-sales tickets is at No. 6 and at No. 11 is a joker trailer breakdown video. :mouthdropped:

This is doing 1B WW OW for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Trailer is trending No. 1 on YT whereas EG's special look trailer for the pre-sales tickets is at No. 6 and at No. 11 is a joker trailer breakdown video. :mouthdropped:

This is doing 1B WW OW for sure.

Locked.

• Astonished 1