• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

It's the type of film that gets banned in China

Eh. Didn’t Logan get released in China? 

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Eh. Didn’t Logan get released in China? 

Isn't one of the reason Joker's an R because of hard nudity? Is that allowed in China, since they censored nudity in Blade Runner 2?

On 4/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, TMP said:

2 $300m dom grossers too

Are you going to continue your concern troll routine about Warner marketing, and spam :whosad:everywhere when Joker doesn't make 6x its budget domestically?

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Isn't one of the reason Joker's an R because of hard nudity? Is that allowed in China, since they censored nudity in Blade Runner 2?

I don’t know. All I know is that the MPAA hasn’t rated this movie yet, although I guess it wouldn’t surprise me if it has its fair share of nudity, given the Scorsese vibe it has going on. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know. All I know is that the MPAA hasn’t rated this movie yet, although I guess it wouldn’t surprise me if it has its fair share of nudity, given the Scorsese vibe it has going on. 

One of the casting sheets called out for extras who would be ok with nudity, but we don't know how graphic it's been shot https://www.comicbookmovie.com/joker/joker-may-be-taking-aim-at-an-r-rating-as-some-smaller-female-roles-will-reportedly-involve-nudity-a162795

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 2:43 PM, cax16 said:

YouTube - 21m views /728k likes/25k downvotes 

Twitter -  17.5m views / 342k likes/ 149k retweets 

Something is up with YouTube, the trailer jumped to over 29m views today from yesterday , I don’t think it would of increased that much in a day right? Maybe there was an error with the initial view count? Though it does have just about 900k likes so maybe there were a lot of views over the past day? I don’t keep track of Youtube views ever so I’m not sure about this stuff.

Edited by cax16

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Something is up with YouTube, the trailer jumped to over 29m views today from yesterday , I don’t think it would of increased that much in a day right? Maybe there was an error with the initial view count? Though it does have just about 900k likes so maybe there were a lot of views over the past day? I don’t keep track of Youtube views ever so I’m not sure about this stuff.

Youtube has been a real mess in recent weeks in terms of views being frozen and not property updating.   Gonna guess they went back and updated the correct total as given the # of likes, the view count was probably much higher than was showing the first day or two.

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

Youtube has been a real mess in recent weeks in terms of views being frozen and not property updating.   Gonna guess they went back and updated the correct total as given the # of likes, the view count was probably much higher than was showing the first day or two.

That makes sense then ya, it seemed with how much it was trending on twitter the first few days the YouTube views would of been higher more quickly, especially cause it has 19m views on twitter alone on the trailer.

14 hours ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

But Logan still an action movie, Joker is more political.  I also think Joker will not be released in China.

If 90% of this movie is just about some outcast loser manchild weirdo that bathes his mother getting harassed and bullied by society, then thats gonna suck.  Thats not thrilling.

It's at 920k likes. I guess 1M is coming very soon.

Is there a list somewhere of Hollywood trailers to hit 1M likes? I know it's happened more often lately, but it's still not all that long a list I imagine.

• Like 1

Gained 2 million views over the last four hours. 

from deadline

As an aside, after dropping the first teaser to Todd Phillips’ R-rated The Joker online during the past CinemaCon week, Fizziology via Warner Bros. reports that the trailer generated higher conversation than any of the studio’s trailers in the last 12 months. Google Analytics via WB says that The Joker trailer trended in 69 total markets on YouTube, and 47 total markets on Twitter.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TMP said:

they can just edit around it, happens all the time things get cut for different markets. I don't see why Joker would get banned in China.

8 hours ago, harrisonisdead said:

It's at 920k likes. I guess 1M is coming very soon.

Is there a list somewhere of Hollywood trailers to hit 1M likes? I know it's happened more often lately, but it's still not all that long a list I imagine.

Both Infinity War and Endgame trailers, Venom, Detective Pikachu, Lion King, Spider-Man FFH, Captain Marvel.

I think those are the only ones, but I could be missing something.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

Joker is not the type of film that make 50+ in china

Never say never.Green book cross $60M+

But I doubt this can get a release in China

This definitely seems like it would do well in some western markets, but its appeal (beyond initial release curiosity factor) in Asian markets might be the obstacle that keeps this from being TRULY huge. Will be interesting in any case.

16 hours ago, TMP said:

It's the type of film that gets banned in China

Bad news: 99% chance to get a date in China.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2