Eric loves Rey

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Gal got 300K for first WW. and i bet The Joker won't be as successful..

He's an established actor with Oscar nominations, while she didn't really have anything under her belt before WW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

It'll be much more successful. 3 times less budget against similar WW gross + much better movie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

She was an unknown while he is a big name. Not like $4.5m is a lot though 

Guys, i'm aware of the difference between Gal and Joaquin. The gap is still too big

• Like 1

I know Comic Con is a while from now, but I do have to wonder if they plan on presenting anything related to this movie there. Or will they instead try to push this at Toronto International Film Festival or something?

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I know Comic Con is a while from now, but I do have to wonder if they plan on presenting anything related to this movie there. Or will they instead try to push this at Toronto International Film Festival or something?

Seeing Joaquin Phoenix be uncomfortable at Hall H for 20 minutes would be worth it, and I feel like they'll want to screen footage for all of their big DC stuff. On the other hand, it doesn't look like the kind of film you'd target to the SDCC crowd; I don't know if Todd Phillips has ever even read a comic book.

Also, I feel like WB might be positioning this for an Awards Push; if only for Best Actor. Could see them premiering it at TIFF.

That's a fine # for JP... but I think the point is that Gal got screwed on the paycheck.

Gal is making $10m for WW2. Now it looks like JP got screwed.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Joaq said no to The Avengers, Doctor Strange, and Batman v Superman before, and they negotiated for like five months. Also, he's probably one of the best (if not the best?) male actors currently working. That must have given him some clout.

I like Gal Gadot a lot,but Phoenix when he signed to do The Joker was a much bigger name then Gal Gadot was when she signed to do WW. She had never played a lead role before in a major Hollywood film. She had little clout, Phoenix had some clout.

And 300'000 seems to have been what Cavill made for MOS.

It works a lot for these big franchise roles if you are a comparative unknown  like it does for a rookie athelete just entering the big leagues: A modest amount for the first year, but if you perform well a huge payoff in later years.

And 300'000 for a year works is still a lot more then most doctors or lawyers make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

That's a fine # for JP... but I think the point is that Gal got screwed on the paycheck.

SO did Henry Cavill. Both were pretty much unknowns at the time they were signed and Warners was taking a gamble in casting them in roles in hugely expensive films.

Did Gal really make 300K? or did she have to pay her agent and the others on her team from this sum?

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Seeing Joaquin Phoenix be uncomfortable at Hall H for 20 minutes would be worth it, and I feel like they'll want to screen footage for all of their big DC stuff. On the other hand, it doesn't look like the kind of film you'd target to the SDCC crowd; I don't know if Todd Phillips has ever even read a comic book.

Also, I feel like WB might be positioning this for an Awards Push; if only for Best Actor. Could see them premiering it at TIFF.

Yeah, Phoenix does not seem like the type who would do well in the SDCC atmosphere.

• Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

Did Gal really make 300K? or did she have to pay her agent and the others on her team from this sum?

agent probably got the standard 10 percent;she probably did not have team at the time.

That is the way it works if you are an unknown who gets a starring role in a big budget franchise film;You get a small paycheck for the first film if you are an unknown quanity, but if you click you get huge bucks for the second and third films.

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Gal is making $10m for WW2. Now it looks like JP got screwed.

There won't be a second joker with Joaquin. so even if the film under performs, they still paid Joaquin a lot of money. he didn't get screwed at all. 4.5M VS 300K is a big difference

robert downey jr was paid 500k for the first iron man movie

gal wasn´t a big name a that time

Posted (edited)

Compared to what someone like Denzel or Sandra Bullock can command, $4.5m is small fry.

Edited by Jonwo

3 hours ago, Alli said:

she get 11-15M from WW B.O participation money tho

2 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

robert downey jr was paid 500k for the first iron man movie

gal wasn´t a big name a that time

Your info is accurate, but RDJ was a huge risk. Big name, yes, but also big trouble. I think the situation is pretty comparable to Gal.

Chris Evans was paid 300k for his work in CA:TFA. He received a raise for TA, but only made 2M for his role in that film. Chris Hemsworth was paid 200k for the original Thor movie, and Hiddleston just 160k.

This is just how it goes. Relative unknowns are cast for key roles in big budget movies and they don't get much pay for it. Once they prove themselves, they do get paid (unless their name is Terrence Howard).

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Yes she did but they all do on their first movie of the series. Usually they have a small back end that isn't disclosed that would have paid her a million on top for a 800+ million movie (.002 cut is 1.6 million)

Evans 300k salary for CA

Hemsworth 200k Thor

RDJ 500k Iron Man

The fact that it's already 10 million base is a great jump and much deserved. Hopefully with back end she earns 20+ million.

Edited by cdsacken

6 hours ago, Alli said:

In terms of profit ? Neither was Aquaman nor any other dceu movie