Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Alli said:

Did Gal really make 300K? or did she have to pay her agent and the others on her team from this sum?

Considering how much the movie made, that would be only if the deal really included absolutely no performance close, that would be surprising, all gossip anyway and those participation bonus could have capped quite low at say 1m. If it was like say Lawrence initiale deal on the Hunger Games, the bonus were rumored to max out at 1 million by movie before the renogiciation.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hunger-games-payday-jennifer-lawrence-liam-hemsworth-josh-hutcherson-304207

Although Lawrence was paid only $500,000 to play Katniss Everdeen in the film, she is set to receive "escalators," bonuses that kick in when the movie crosses certain box-office thresholds (which by all accounts it already has crossed). She stands to bring in more than $1 million by the time the film finishes its theatrical run 

Often non established actor or when they get smaller part/movies do not get point, but rather escalator for each 50m dbo or 100m WW milestone it add 200k for example, I would imagine those first contract actor at least got that.

Again all speculation but I would imagine RDJ made a fortune (he was much more establish, big risk and can work on a small in advance salary but no reason to not have a performance if he finish the movie / press tour under condition bonus) on the first Iron Man, a low 5% point on that would have raked up quite well.

Now yes those salary do not necessarily include cut going to the team, but also they do not necessarily include total compensation, they sometime pay their entourage/family/etc... expense.

Edited by Barnack

Posted (edited)

Rdj 500k salary versus 50 million lol. My my how things change

Edited by cdsacken

Tom Holland, in a very similar situation as Gal, got $1.5 mil for Homecoming. Gal got 1/5th of that. That's terrible.

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Tom Holland, in a very similar situation as Gal, got $1.5 mil for Homecoming. Gal got 1/5th of that. That's terrible.

TBF to Tom, he probably got pittance for Civil War.

4 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

I'm sure Gal's going to continue getting paid for the forthcoming films that feature her, and that her paychecks will subsequently increase in amount.

Since we’re talking about actor’s salaries, does anyone else find it odd that Joaquin Phoenix was apparently paid $4.5 million for this? I know he’s an acclaimed actor, but he’s not exactly what I’d consider a major movie star. Sure, he’s been in a few big movies like Gladiator and Signs, but those came out a long time ago. He hasn’t really been in any big hits in over a decade. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Since we’re talking about actor’s salaries, does anyone else find it odd that Joaquin Phoenix was apparently paid $4.5 million for this? I know he’s an acclaimed actor, but he’s not exactly what I’d consider a major movie star. Sure, he’s been in a few big movies like Gladiator and Signs, but those came out a long time ago. He hasn’t really been in any big hits in over a decade. 

There's nothing odd about it, 4.5 mln is far below average A-list salary, it's perfectly normal for mid-budget cbm.

Edited by Firepower

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

There's nothing odd about it, 4.5 mln is far below average A-list salary, it's perfectly normal for mid-budget cbm.

Joaquin Phoenix is an A-lister? 

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

TBF to Tom, he probably got pittance for Civil War.

Which is probably what Gal got for Bvs. It's almost literally an identical scenario. Yet he got paid pretty decent for his solo movie. While Gal did not. And she even CARRIED her film, while Holland got to play off RDJ.

at this point this could be the biggest WB movie worldwide.

12 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

It's going to be really interesting when the rating for the film actually drops. They say it'll be R. . .but we'll see.

I don't see it changing. It has already been proven to WB that R-rated movies can make good money as shown by The Conjuring movies, It, and even Phillip's own Hangover movies.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I don't see it changing. It has already been proven to WB that R-rated movies can make good money as shown by The Conjuring movies, It, and even Phillip's own Hangover movies.

'

None of those are really comic book films though.

Still, I'm pretty sure it will be R when they'll have another massive moneymaking R-rated clown movie the previous month.

Drew McWeeny has pretty low standards, so this is bad news

Iirc Drew McWeeny was also who rang the alarm bells for BvS before anyone else did and as much as I personally like BvS....not a good sign for it's legs.

I mean was anyone expecting this to not crater after opening weekend to begin with? Especially when it'll be facing a slew of competitors like Gemini Man, Zombieland 2, etc.

• Like 1

Joaquin Phoenix is usually very picky with his rolls so  I’ll wait to watch the movie and Judge for myself.

If this has to do with messing around with canon in Batman or whatever I really don’t care.  It’s supposed to be an “elseworlds” type story. 

I’m sure the movie could be awful also but I’ll wait to see for myself. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I mean was anyone expecting this to not crater after opening weekend to begin with? Especially when it'll be facing a slew of competitors like Gemini Man, Zombieland 2, etc.

Gemini Man is bombing

If I had to guess the political stuff in the script might be very MRA.