Eric Plus

Joker | Oct 4 2019 | BE WARNED | ZERO TOLERANCE

Just now, AnDr3s said:

That's practically word for word what I posted!!!*

Did you do a Twitter search for something like that or did you just remember it?

* Not sure whether to do the ":rofl:" or the ":kitschjob:".

Think I'll just do both. ;)

Wonder Woman 2's gonna need to be amazing since it sounds like DC's gonna come off two back to back stinkers between this and Birds of Prey

4 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

Uh...doesn’t every movie need performances and direction to help carry it? Ugh. This is just like that “I heard Wonder Woman is a mess” drama that douchebags like the Midnight’s Edge guys spread around for nearly an entire year. I’m not saying this movie won’t end up being bad, but I’m sick of these annoying “journalists” causing mass panic just for the sake of clicks. I don’t care that Drew McWeeny was right about BvS, I won’t forget the unnecessary shit storm he drummed up just because he felt like running his mouth. 

How did these assholes even get their hands on an entire script for a movie that’s not even out for months, anyway? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That's practically word for word what I posted!!!*

Did you do a Twitter search for something like that or did you just remember it?

* Not sure whether to do the ":rofl:" or the ":kitschjob:".

Think I'll just do both. ;)

was the first thing that appear in my twitter  when i open it:wintf:

• Astonished 1

They gave their opinion on a script, which they are free to do since they're presumably not under any sort of embargo.  I don't see an issue here.

Just now, That One Guy said:

They gave their opinion on a script, which they are free to do since they're presumably not under any sort of embargo.  I don't see an issue here.

The issue is that they’re now creating a bunch of obnoxious online drama for no good reason. If they illegally got their hands on the script for a movie that’s not coming out for months, they should keep it to themselves.

• Like 2

Just now, WittyUsername said:

The issue is that they’re now creating a bunch of obnoxious online drama for no good reason. If they illegally got their hands on the script for a movie that’s not coming out for months, they should keep it to themselves.

Would you be saying the same if this were about any movie that wasn't a comic book movie?  Genuine question.  It's not their fault that so many fanboys are so sensitive to any sort of information regarding whether their favorite unreleased movie will be green or red on RT.

(and it's not like this is absolute confirmation that the movie will be panned either, movies can have bad scripts that are either rewritten or redeemed by other factors)

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Would you be saying the same if this were about any movie that wasn't a comic book movie?  Genuine question.  It's not their fault that so many fanboys are so sensitive to any sort of information regarding whether their favorite unreleased movie will be green or red on RT.

(and it's not like this is absolute confirmation that the movie will be panned either, movies can have bad scripts that are either rewritten or redeemed by other factors)

The issue is they're boasting about illegally reading a script, not that they didn't like it.

• Like 2

I said the same about the rumors surrounding Dark Phoenix being a mess. Yes, I know that’s a comic book movie, but it’s also a movie that I have always had little to no interest in, yet I still found the reports that it’s awful to be annoying. Also, it’s definitely their fault that they chose to stir up a bunch of annoying drama just for the sake of boosting their street cred, or whatever. 

Also, I again have to ask, how did these people get their hands on the script for the movie? It’s one thing to say that a movie is bad based on a test screening (although I’m pretty sure there are usually embargoes against that), but obtaining an entire script for a movie that’s not even out for months? Is that even legal?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I mean, I get what you're saying.  Gossip inside the entertainment industry is as old as the industry itself.  "Poison pen" and all that.

There was just something about this one that rubbed me the wrong way slightly.  Just the tone of the comments I guess.

Like, you're absolutely right that bad buzz is legitimate buzz.  Happens to lots of movies. And a decent sized chunk of me is saying, "Them's the breaks."

I guess it was just, I dunno.  Salacious?  Pot-stirring? Inflaming?  Eh, I dunno. 

Ah well, just because there's bad buzz out there doesn't mean it'll be a bad movie.  Also doesn't mean it'll be good. Wonder Woman might be considered the exception.  Deadpool 2, as well, to a degree.

Just have to wait and see, I suppose.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, TMP said:

Wonder Woman 2's gonna need to be amazing since it sounds like DC's gonna come off two back to back stinkers between this and Birds of Prey

How is their anything on BOP when the movie just finished filming not even a month ago? Sounds like "Wonder Woman is a mess" all over again

Edited by BeastByTheBay

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I said the same about the rumors surrounding Dark Phoenix being a mess. Yes, I know that’s a comic book movie, but it’s also a movie that I have always had little to no interest in, yet I still found the reports that it’s awful to be annoying. Also, it’s definitely their fault that they chose to stir up a bunch of annoying drama just for the sake of boosting their street cred, or whatever. 

Also, I again have to ask, how did these people get their hands on the script for the movie? It’s one thing to say that a movie is bad based on a test screening (although I’m pretty sure there are usually embargoes against that), but obtaining an entire script for a movie that’s not even out for months? Is that even legal?

I'm just as against these unverified claims about a movie's quality as much as you are, but the difference here is the person giving his opinion has actually read the script.  Even then, it's pretty clear that he's giving his opinion about the script, and not the movie itself.  Movies have bad scripts sometimes, but they can be rewritten, and it's very possible that the script he got wasn't even a final copy.

As for how he obtained it?  That's not my business, and frankly I don't care.  If I had to guess, he probably knows someone who worked on the film, but who knows?

I'm just as against these unverified claims about a movie's quality as much as you are, but the difference here is the person giving his opinion has actually read the script.  Even then, it's pretty clear that he's giving his opinion about the script, and not the movie itself.  Movies have bad scripts sometimes, but they can be rewritten, and it's very possible that the script he got wasn't even a final copy.

As for how he obtained it?  That's not my business, and frankly I don't care.  If I had to guess, he probably knows someone who worked on the film, but who knows?

If they read the script, good for them, but how about they keep quiet about it, especially if they illegally obtained the script? This doesn’t strike me as being much better than all those assholes who tried spoiling Endgame for people. I don’t care if they’ve read the script, these people know damn well that the only thing they’re accomplishing is creating a bunch of online drama that’s sure to last for several months. 

8 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

How is their anything on BOP when the movie just finished filming not even a month ago? Sounds like "Wonder Woman is a mess" all over again

Birds of Prey looks terrible. I'm basing it on that, not on any rumours I've heard.

• ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 2

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

Birds of Prey looks terrible. I'm basing it on that, not on any rumours I've heard.

How can you say that when an official trailer hasn't even been released yet?

16 minutes ago, TMP said:

Based on what? A few set photos and a few seconds worth of some screen tests?

This is what I hate about shit like this, people don't even given movies a chance anymore. Some guy tweets he didn't like the script and people have already got their mind made up that the movie sucks. 

• Like 4

*sees McWeeny's latest Tweet*

Ah, fucksticks. That's the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear.  And now I suspect I know exactly what he meant about getting Twitter pissed off. At least a general ballpark.

Just hope he's wrong about how it all plays out.  But, yeah.  Oof.

• Like 1

I knew this would be controversial from the moment Todd Phillips signed onto it so none of this surprises me whatsoever.