WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

I was saying in the Buzz thread how previews at my theater for Dragon and All Saints were Live By Night territory, and Dragon's previews are 125k less (though obviously it's in fewer theaters). A similar PTA to LBN has it missing 3M, and given the factors this weekend (Hurricane in Texas today, Mayweather vs McGregor tomorrow, GOT finale Sunday), I don't think it'll even make 2.6-2.7M

I never saw any marketing for Birth of a Dragon, which seems to be the norm for a BH Tilt release, so these numbers make sense.

Summer is officially over with a dead weekend coming up. Next weekend's 4-day frame will be just as bad, if not worse, with nothing really opening. At least IT will conquer the following weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, Rman823 said:

I really don't understand why we're having 2 weeks of nothing. When there's plenty that could have been moved to either weekend. 

American Made would've done really well over this period; instead, we're getting it a month after most places :sadben: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

I really don't understand why we're having 2 weeks of nothing. When there's plenty that could have been moved to either weekend. 

If we actually had anything big at the start of the month these latter weeks wouldn't be as dire.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I never saw any marketing for Birth of a Dragon, which seems to be the norm for a BH Tilt release, so these numbers make sense.

Summer is officially over with a dead weekend coming up. Next weekend's 4-day frame will be just as bad, if not worse, with nothing really opening. At least IT will conquer the following weekend.

I vaguely remember seeing a commercial that seemed to imply Bruce Lee was actually starring in the film.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Late August/Labor Day weekend have always been a dumping ground for the rotting corpses of movies that studios don't care about and know won't make much money. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Birth of the Dragon's embargo only lifted today and it's already at 14% on RT :lol: All Saints doesn't even have reviews out. Meanwhile, Leap! has dropped down to 37%. Wasn't it supposed to be decent? Audience scores:

Good Time: 87%

Ingrid: 83%

All Saints: 78%

Leap!: 66%

Dragon: 62%

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Late August/Labor Day weekend have always been a dumping ground for the rotting corpses of movies that studios don't care about and know won't make much money. Nothing out of the ordinary.

You'd think The 40 Year Old Virgin, Don't Breathe, and especially the 2009 duo of Inglourious Basterds and The Final Destination would have taught them something.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1