WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

I vaguely remember seeing a commercial that seemed to imply Bruce Lee was actually starring in the film.

I saw that one too while watching either Jojo or Rick and Morty. I laughed at that commercial

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Clearly there were no saints praying for All Saints. The next Risen/Miracles From Heaven/God's Not Dead this is totally not (in terms of box office, that is... I've never seen any of those movies).

Miracles From Heaven, The Shack, Risen and Heaven Is For Real are different from stuff like God's Not Dead. Those actually have a cast with a few known faces and are based on books that were read by more than just hardcore Christians. 

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Miracles From Heaven, The Shack, Risen and Heaven Is For Real are different from stuff like God's Not Dead. Those actually have a cast with a few known faces and are based on books that were read by more than just hardcore Christians. 

Think you're kind of reaching with Joseph Fiennes and Tom Felton as "known faces."

So, Fandango and Atom are continuing to try to discourage you from Moviepass...

Fandango again has an "any film" BOGO deal for this weekend...

Atom has a BOGO deal for Good Time...and $5/off 2 tickets to Leap!

Moviepass cards are slowly trickling out, but it seems the vast majority of folks won't get them til post Labor Day, so IT will be the film to get the full 1st effect of the sales wave...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Clearly there were no saints praying for All Saints. The next Risen/Miracles From Heaven/God's Not Dead this is totally not (in terms of box office, that is... I've never seen any of those movies).

I fear for The Star if it does equally as poorly

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I'd put John Corbett's recognizability above Dean Cain and Kevin Sorbo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KJsooner said:

If you're looking for a movie to see this weekend go see Wind River. It's my favorite movie of the year thus far.

I'll be seeing it in an hour for free, so I got it covered. 

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

I vaguely remember seeing a commercial that seemed to imply Bruce Lee was actually starring in the film.

Instead we get a film that features Bruce Lee, but is from told from the perspective of Steve McKee an actor loosely based off Steve McQueen. Hollywood white-washing, jesus. In this day & age this shit should be considered unacceptable. Movie looks awful too.

Edited by Fancyarcher

5 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Please tell me they're projecting T2 to hit mid-teens on Friday. 

Yes, on Friday a real terminator will beat up children who are in their mid-teens.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Star's biggest issue is "competition". It comes out the same weekend as Justice League, but then Coco is only five days around due to Thanksgiving, and that'll take a huge bite out of its audience. 

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Fair enough, but in my mind, these are all just the same thing to me, so... yeah :P

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Star will probably end as a lesser DUD than All Saints. Just being an animated film helps, and then as counterprogramming to Justice League on Thanksgiving weekend gives it a small shot of adrenaline (that is, in comparison to All Saints).