WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

38 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I see this is available for digital download in some countries already, what's going on?

Netflix Japan happened.

i hope they made a pretty penny from that sale as its going to screw up its run everywhere.

damnnn..  that sucks for Hitman's Bodyguard.  Studios need to be more careful with stuff like that (if it is in their control, that is).  I am guessing since Lionsgate sells off the foreign part of the film run, that led to easier access for the international HD leak.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I doubt The Hitman's Bodyguard was gonna be a big hit overseas in the first place (seems like the kind of movie that makes at least 60% of its gross from the US).

Define bit hit?  This movie cost 30 mill to produce.  I'm sure it can or could have made another 100 overseas.  I don't get the netflix thing, seems really counter productive to me.

Just now, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Define bit hit?  This movie cost 30 mill to produce.  I'm sure it can or could have made another 100 overseas.  I don't get the netflix thing, seems really counter productive to me.

Most comedies usually make at least 50% of their gross from the US (I guess because humor doesn't always translate everywhere else). The biggest comedy this year worldwide is Baywatch with $177M (only a third of which came from the US) but the show has a big following in certain parts of the world (namely, Germany). Girls Trip is gonna make at least 85% of its total just from here.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Most comedies usually make at least 50% of their gross from the US (I guess because humor doesn't always translate everywhere else). The biggest comedy this year worldwide is Baywatch with $177M (only a third of which came from the US) but the show has a big following in certain parts of the world (namely, Germany). Girls Trip is gonna make at least 85% of its total just from here.

Sure, I understand all of that, but this isn't really a flat out comedy like those other films.  It's an action film as well.  And a Baywatch sized gross didn't seem out of the question.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

THB could do close to 2.5x the prod budget from Dom alone, so it's success irrespective of OS imo. And for this movie marketing costs couldn't have been much.

The report is they spent 30 million on maRketing.  So yes, it will be a profitable film for LG.