WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

21 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Any word on Wind River's expansion? Hopefully the lack of options leads people to check it out... 

LOL I LITERALLY JUST FINISHED WATCHING SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. Sick profile picture!

• Like 1

Maybe we'll get a more specific update from the BOT guru, Rth. The box office is really dead this week, because there isn't a compelling opener. I woould love to see whether WW does enough to be able to sustain a run at CA and IM. Maybe even a 4 multiplier too. I think this lost weekend will hurt all the movies, including WW.

38 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Maybe we'll get a more specific update from the BOT guru, Rth. The box office is really dead this week, because there isn't a compelling opener. I woould love to see whether WW does enough to be able to sustain a run at CA and IM. Maybe even a 4 multiplier too. I think this lost weekend will hurt all the movies, including WW.

Even doing as little as 1.5 million this weekend would secure it passing Iron Man 3 given that it will pretty much be even over the 4 day next weekend.

What a horrible weekend though. 

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

it's only in a few theaters and didn't get much marketing

Well, yeah. In the actual circumstances of its release, its poor performance isn't surprising. But it's still frustrating that the marketing team didn't at least try to drum up a little bit of interest for a beloved action movie in the midst of an otherwise empty weekend.

8 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

The fact that this Terminator 2 re-release is landing without any fanfare - especially over a moribund weekend that doesn't have anything else - stinks.

Cameron is getting what he deserves. And it's not over yet. Wait until Avatar 2 gets out twenty years from now and nobody cares. 

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1