WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I honestly doubt it. By the time it's out, Taika's vision will have dawned upon you and you will literally shrug it.

I've got room in my heart to enjoy the films of many directors.

Plus I really like Avatar. I rewatched a few months back and had a blast with it.

• Like 2

All those saying this weekend is dead. Well unless we get plethora of expansions next weekend is wasteland compared to this one. This widest release is a rerelease from the 70'sand it's only on 700. 

:WHATanabe:

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Plus I really like Avatar. I rewatched a few months back and had a blast with it.

It's not really about the WW thing, I just genuinely don't understand the fascination people have with the man's work. Spielberg and Nolan I get it, Ridley too. Now, Cameron? I honestly don't get it.

• Astonished 3

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It's not really about the WW thing, I just genuinely don't understand the fascination people have with the man's work. Spielberg and Nolan I get it, Ridley too. Now, Cameron? I honestly don't get it.

I mean, he made Aliens and Terminator 2. Pretty much gives him a lifetime pass for a lot of people.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I mean, he made Aliens and Terminator 2. Pretty much gives him a lifetime pass for a lot of people.

I will give you Aliens and T2. But that was almost thirty years ago. It's not like I'm waiting the greatest piece of filmmaking from him, Lucas or Coppola. Cameron has retired but hasn't noticed yet. 

• Astonished 2

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I will give you Aliens and T2. But that was almost thirty years ago. It's not like I'm waiting the greatest piece of filmmaking from him, Lucas or Coppola. Cameron has retired but hasn't noticed yet. 

I know that Avatar 2 not being released is a fun meme and what not but from everything we've seen in the last few months, it seems chugging along quite nicely. It's still a while away but I really don't get why people think it's never coming out.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

He has broken the all time box office record in a row by a landslide with the last movies he released, so you may not like him but many people apparently do like him and there aren't enough reasons to believe that Avatar 2 will flop. I can get that it may not come close to the first one. But 1 b is 100% locked imo. And that's given that China doesn't go nuts like it did with the first one.

• Like 5

I'll always love Cameron because of Terminator, Terminator 2 and Aliens. I even like The Abyss and find Titanic to be okay if really cheesy. I think Avatar is more mediocre than terrible. Avatar is so strange, it made a ton of money and yet most don't even talk about it. It's virtually completely faded from pop culture. 

• Like 2

For me Avatar would have been worth watching even If there was no plot at all. Its visual achievement is beyond anything I have seen. Just spectacular.

And well, I didn't mind the plot at all. It was unoriginal, but it had heart.

I am a fan and really looking forward to the sequels.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 2

Titanic doesn't hold well for many but holds really well for me and it's Cameron's best movie imo (despite the mawkish love saga - it's been well acted and the casting was great so I don't mind it). Prefer Aliens next after Titanic.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Why are people so up in arms about what Cameron said. Was not even that bad. Hes entitled to his own opinion like everyone else. Put the pitch forks away.

I don't use a pitchfork. 

anchorman-carell.jpg?quality=100&w=650

• Like 1

Cameron didn't lie. I've been saying this since WW's release. It's a good movie but there's nothing new or groundbreaking about a hot girl in a skimpy outfit fighting bad guys. Compare her to male action heroes - it's almost never about them being "hot." 

SiGODney Weaver + LindAllah Hamilton >>>>>>>> Wonder Woman 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Cameron didn't lie. I've been saying this since WW's release. It's a good movie but there's nothing new or groundbreaking about a hot girl in a skimpy outfit fighting bad guys. Compare her to male action heroes - it's almost never about them being "hot." 

SiGODney Weaver + LindAllah Hamilton >>>>>>>> Wonder Woman 

There are jokes made about her looks compared to everyone else but to act like the only significant thing about Wonder Woman was her hotness is completely ignorant and just plain wrong.

Edited by UNDERDOG

23 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Why are people so up in arms about what Cameron said. Was not even that bad. Hes entitled to his own opinion like everyone else. Put the pitch forks away.

Because he's a straight white male and being a straight white male is pretty much synonymous with being satan on twitter in 2017.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Avatar's a fun movie mostly for the world-building. 

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Titanic doesn't hold well for many but holds really well for me and it's Cameron's best movie imo (despite the mawkish love saga - it's been well acted and the casting was great so I don't mind it). Prefer Aliens next after Titanic.

Titanic is excellent.