WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

40 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Wondy just 3 away from IM3 after a 1.4 weekend. So that's a lock now.

Wow...it is really happening, isn't it?

Wonder Woman is really going to outgross every superhero film except Avengers 1 and 2, TDK and TDKR.

This is beyond insane, and it couldn't have been accomplished by a nicer group of people (Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, et al) or happened to a more awesome film.

:insane:

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

I wish WW would have done more, but how can anyone be disappointed in its performance?

yeah, its cbm dom standing will be sliding sooner (upcoming big screen serials) or later (inflation), but that 3.9+ multi is one for the history book.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Also FUUUUUCK I knew it would happen someday, just wasn't looking forward to it being tonight.

There were these 2 kids (teenagers, say like 14 or 15) that went to Hitman's Bodyguard for the late night show (guy and a girl as a date), and they at first tried to sneak into terminator but they didn't get in obviously. So I just would check every so often to make sure they were in the right movie. As soon as I saw their heads in the back corner aisle I was satisfied and left them alone. Then when I go in at the end of the night to clean there's jizz on the floor in front where they were sitting, and then napkins crumpled up, presumably with more... in them... they didn't order popcorn so idk what else they would have done🤢

like fuck, that's fucking gross

Not surprised I know a few people who done stuff at the movies.

Edited by YourMother

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

TITANIC

TRUE LIES
TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY

THE ABYSS

ALIENS

THE TERMINATOR

The same guy.. amazing.

The sjw's have no respect and probably don't even realise who they're shit talking.

"Oh this WHITE MAN said something bad about wonder women, attack fellow hermaphrodite troglodytes!"

Jim has never bent his knee in his life, if they think he's going to apologise for his comments they've got another thing coming.

Greatness is something that comes with extreme hard work and vision.

When the people you're working with don't share your enthusiasm and are treating it as just a job, it pisses you off.

How do you think he felt when a British crew wanted a damn tea break every 30 minutes.

How do you think he felt when a crew member is mentally absent looking down at his phone or even worse takes a phone call when you're shooting.

How do you think he felt when a douchebag executive walks in and starts giving suggestions on how to make it better.

Jim is an inheritable nice guy, however he got the crew to follow his vision the only way he knew how at the time.

How can you fault him for this, you think he could have made the films he made without his hard love and iron will?

Without Jim's Iron Will he would have sold The Terminator script for big money, instead of selling it for nothing on the condition he can direct the film. Executives would have had say in his final cuts and he would have got walked over (like most directors, think Kingdom of Heaven and Blade Runner). Giving the finger to the executives take extreme conviction and courage, these arrogant executives which would have cast OJ as The Terminator and Jack would have lived at the end of Titanic. God knows what else they wanted, the same conviction that dealt with these executives would have rubbed a lot of crew members the wrong way.

Right now Jim is actually much more mellow and laid back on set, but you have to ask if that is only possible because his reputation and that he has the respect of his team. Jim had no respect back in 1984 or 1986 when he was a young director.

Lord hammercy. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

TITANIC

TRUE LIES
TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY

THE ABYSS

ALIENS

THE TERMINATOR

The same guy.. amazing.

The sjw's have no respect and probably don't even realise who they're shit talking.

"Oh this WHITE MAN said something bad about wonder women, attack fellow hermaphrodite troglodytes!"

Jim has never bent his knee in his life, if they think he's going to apologise for his comments they've got another thing coming.

Greatness is something that comes with extreme hard work and vision.

When the people you're working with don't share your enthusiasm and are treating it as just a job, it pisses you off.

How do you think he felt when a British crew wanted a damn tea break every 30 minutes.

How do you think he felt when a crew member is mentally absent looking down at his phone or even worse takes a phone call when you're shooting.

How do you think he felt when a douchebag executive walks in and starts giving suggestions on how to make it better.

Jim is an inheritable nice guy, however he got the crew to follow his vision the only way he knew how at the time.

How can you fault him for this, you think he could have made the films he made without his hard love and iron will?

Without Jim's Iron Will he would have sold The Terminator script for big money, instead of selling it for nothing on the condition he can direct the film. Executives would have had say in his final cuts and he would have got walked over (like most directors, think Kingdom of Heaven and Blade Runner). Giving the finger to the executives take extreme conviction and courage, these arrogant executives which would have cast OJ as The Terminator and Jack would have lived at the end of Titanic. God knows what else they wanted, the same conviction that dealt with these executives would have rubbed a lot of crew members the wrong way.

Right now Jim is actually much more mellow and laid back on set, but you have to ask if that is only possible because his reputation and that he has the respect of his team. Jim had no respect back in 1984 or 1986 when he was a young director.

The Twitter SJWs have gotten way out of hand. 

Right now their target is Taylor Swift because she's a "basic white gurl!!!" who didn't say anything about Trump! Not that I like Taylor but it's gotten way out of hand. 

And last week they were attacking Lady Gaga for speaking out against Trump's racism.  "Privileged white gurl speaking from the comfort of her mansion!!!!" 

Shut the fuck up already. 

James Cameron > Patty Jenkins 

He's entitled to his opinion and he wasn't even wrong. 

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, picores said:

I'm still stunned about Annabelle 2 overall performance...

Me too. it will be only 12 away from 90 if the weekend is ~7.5. Even if IT crushes Creation, 90+ should happen. Only 10 behind CONJ2 is a major achievement.

That brings up something interesting: Won't there be IT and Creation double features from WB? Does that mean Creation could have a good hold when IT releases?

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Me too. it will be only 12 away from 90 if the weekend is ~7.5. Even if IT crushes Creation, 90+ should happen. Only 10 behind CONJ2 is a major achievement.

That brings up something interesting: Won't there be IT and Creation double features from WB? Does that mean Creation could have a good hold when IT releases?

WB has 3 movies for double feature. I think one of dunkrik or AC will be there with IT.

IT won't really matter when it comes out against A:C, since A:C will have basically made all of its money by then. These horror movies are extremely frontloaded.

The first Annabelle made $79M by its 4th weekend, and it just made $5M more after that.

Edited by Mojoguy

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I clearly disagree with Cameron's opinion (because OF COURSE the 1st good female superhero movie ever made is a stepback, right?), but whatever, people are going waaaayyyyy too up and arms about it. Nobody liked Terminator Genisys, so maybe that was his way of have revenge :P (Though honestly I don't think even he actually liked it, despite having said so)

Meanwhile, fuck this weekend. Dammit, my HB over 90M is really not looking so hot right now, I thought it still had a chance if it followed Let's Be Cops closely, but nope... unless DHD is again massively off with their early estimates, but even if they are for Friday, no chance that the Saturday hold will be that nice due to Mayweather vs. McGregor and the Hurricane Harvey tragedy. It will probably still be #1 (or at least it will fight it out with Annabelle), but..... yeah, not too great to say the least. And let's not even talk about the new releases - though Leap is falling very much where I expected it.

The ways things are right now, I wouldn't be shocked if either Wind River or Wonder Woman (or both, even) cracked the top 5.

EDIT: Aaaand there you go, Wind River actually looks to be in the top 5 :P Annabelle's drop seems a bit too harsh, I think. It'll improve on that, almost for sure. Nut Job 2 not even in the notables? Christ, what a disaster.

I wonder how low next weekend's #1 is going to be, sweet sister. Unless WR or Ingrid pull a big expansion and reach closer to 10M. Otherwise, we could see a Hitman's Bodyguard at #1 w/around 7-6M for the 3-day. Y-I-K-E-S.

These last two weeks are a joke.  Studios and distributors should be ashamed of this scheduling. :dunce:  If I owned or ran a theater I'd be furious.

WW & BD got enormous expansions but their PTAs are estimated to be in the $600s.  Nutjob and Emoji are barely better.  Yet they all might hold on to most of those theaters because there's nothing opening next week... except Tulip Fever.

• Like 1