Jump to content
WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

hurricane is looking scary. don't think it will be a 1 day/ 1 weekend story.

 

do we have a thread for the texas hurricane? close to quarter million homes without power cnn says.

There's a thread in the Real World section

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, a2knet said:

hurricane is looking scary. don't think it will be a 1 day/ 1 weekend story.

 

do we have a thread for the texas hurricane? close to quarter million homes without power cnn says.

 

The scariest thing is how slow it's moving. Same thing happened with Tropical Storm Allison in 2001 and it dumped about 3-4 feet of rain on the Houston area. The bayous and creeks couldn't handle it, so they ended up with disastrous flooding over a large population area. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

 

The scariest thing is how slow it's moving. Same thing happened with Tropical Storm Allison in 2001 and it dumped about 3-4 feet of rain on the Houston area. The bayous and creeks couldn't handle it, so they ended up with disastrous flooding over a large population area. 

Yeah, it has slowed to a crawl now. We've another 4 to 5 days of this. They're expecting upwards 40 inches of rain in some parts of Harris county and SE Texas. Stay safe people, we've quite few BOT members from Houston.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Yeah, it has slowed to a crawl now. We've another 4 to 5 days of this. They're expecting upwards 40 inches of rain in some parts of Harris county and SE Texas. Stay safe people, we've quite few BOT members from Houston.

 

Even San Antonio and Austin are going to get 20-30 inches of rain. Very unusual for a hurricane to cause that much of a flood danger so far inland. 

 

This is is trivial in the grand scheme of things, but the TX box office is going to be wiped out for the next week. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday Estimates!!!

ank* Title Friday
8/25

(Estimates)
Saturday
8/26
Sunday
8/27
Monday
8/28
1 THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD
Lionsgate/Summit

3,377
$3,150,000

+91.1% / $933
$32,714,004 / 8

N/A

N/A

N/A
2 ANNABELLE: CREATION
Warner Bros. (New Line)

3,565
$2,550,000

+102.8% / $715
$73,080,384 / 15

N/A

N/A

N/A
3 LEAP!
Weinstein Company

2,575
$1,627,280

-- / $632
$1,627,280 / 1

N/A

N/A

N/A
4 WIND RIVER
Weinstein Company

2,095
$1,446,567

+345.6% / $690
$6,876,780 / 22

N/A

N/A

N/A
5 LOGAN LUCKY
Bleecker Street

3,031
$1,335,000

+100.6% / $440
$12,002,414 / 8

N/A

N/A

N/A
6 DUNKIRK
Warner Bros.

2,774
$1,175,000

+67.8% / $424
$169,704,030 / 36

N/A

N/A

N/A
7 BIRTH OF THE DRAGON
BH Tilt

1,618
$1,108,000

-- / $685
$1,108,000 / 1

N/A

N/A

N/A
8 SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING
Sony / Columbia

2,122
$805,000

+88.2% / $379
$316,923,082 / 50

N/A

N/A

N/A
9 GIRLS TRIP
Universal

1,777
$780,000

+101.5% / $439
$106,585,525 / 36

N/A

N/A

N/A
10 THE EMOJI MOVIE
Sony / Columbia

2,374
$615,000

+48.7% / $259
$74,696,471 / 29

N/A

N/A

N/A
11 THE NUT JOB 2: NUTTY BY NATURE
Open Road Films

3,090
$585,598

+20.6% / $190
$20,820,324 / 15

N/A

N/A

N/A
12 ALL SAINTS
Sony / Columbia

846
$575,000

-- / $680
$575,000 / 1

N/A

N/A

N/A
- THE DARK TOWER
Sony / Columbia

2,338
$515,000

+51.1% / $220
$43,834,575 / 22

N/A

N/A

N/A
- WONDER WOMAN
Warner Bros.

2,210
$485,000

+331.3% / $219
$405,003,061 / 85

N/A

N/A

N/A
- KIDNAP (2017)
Aviron

1,693
$420,000

+93.7% / $248
$26,089,338 / 22

N/A

N/A

N/A
- THE GLASS CASTLE
Lionsgate

1,298
$416,000

+38.4% / $320
$11,527,853 / 15

N/A

N/A

N/A
- DESPICABLE ME 3
Universal

2,116
$411,000

+94.8% / $194
$253,264,380 / 57

N/A

N/A

N/A
- BABY DRIVER
TriStar

1,757
$380,000

+279.4% / $216
$102,518,946 / 59

N/A

N/A

N/A
- ATOMIC BLONDE
Focus Features

989
$280,000

+39.7% / $283
$48,450,435 / 29

N/A

N/A

N/A
- WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
Fox

1,114
$270,000

+56.4% / $242
$142,143,895 / 43

N/A

N/A

N/A
- THE BIG SICK
Lionsgate

706
$215,000

+118.1% / $305
$38,696,393 / 64

N/A

N/A

N/A
- A GENTLEMAN
FIP

135
$62,500

-- / $463
$62,500 / 1

N/A

N/A

N/A
- CARS 3
Buena Vista

214
$50,000

+98.9% / $234
$148,947,154 / 71

N/A

N/A

N/A
- PATTI CAKE$
Fox Searchlight

59
$38,380

+567.7% / $651
$130,774 / 8

N/A

N/A

N/A
- PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
Buena Vista

165
$36,000

+74.4% / $218
$171,932,649 / 92

N/A

N/A

N/A
- 47 METERS DOWN
Entertainment Studios

312
$35,000

+330.2% / $112
$43,671,566 / 71

N/A

N/A

N/A
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2
Buena Vista

299
$33,000

+94.5% / $110
$389,301,268 / 113

N/A

N/A

N/A
Edited by Finnick
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Am surprised DM3's Fri-Fri drop is 36% despite adding 500 theaters.

 

TD YD Title (Click to View) Studio Daily Gross % +/- YD / LW Theaters / Avg Gross To-Date Day
1 1 The Hitman's Bodyguard LG/S $3,150,000 +91% -61% 3,377 $933 $32,714,004 8
2 2 Annabelle: Creation WB (NL) $2,550,000 +103% -49% 3,565 $715 $73,080,384 15
3 - Leap! Wein. $1,627,280 - - 2,575 $632 $1,627,280 1
4 10 Wind River Wein. $1,446,567 +346% +44% 2,095 $690 $6,876,780 22
5 4 Logan Lucky BST $1,335,000 +101% -53% 3,031 $440 $12,002,414 8
6 3 Dunkirk WB $1,175,000 +68% -43% 2,774 $424 $169,704,030 36
7 - Birth of the Dragon BH Tilt $1,108,000 - - 1,618 $685 $1,108,000 1
8 6 Spider-Man: Homecoming Sony $805,000 +88% -37% 2,122 $379 $316,923,082 50
9 8 Girls Trip Uni. $780,000 +102% -37% 1,777 $439 $106,585,525 36
10 7 The Emoji Movie Sony $615,000 +49% -55% 2,374 $259 $74,696,471 29
11 5 The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature ORF $585,598 +21% -65% 3,090 $190 $20,820,324 15
12 - All Saints Sony $575,000 - - 846 $680 $575,000 1
- 9 The Dark Tower Sony $515,000 +51% -54% 2,338 $220 $43,834,575 22
- - Wonder Woman WB $485,000 +331% +47% 2,210 $219 $405,003,061 85
- 12 Kidnap (2017) Aviron $420,000 +94% -52% 1,693 $248 $26,089,338 22
- 11 The Glass Castle LGF $416,000 +38% -50% 1,298 $320 $11,527,853 15
- - Despicable Me 3 Uni. $411,000 +95% -36% 2,116 $194 $253,264,380 57
- - Baby Driver TriS $380,000 +279% +43% 1,757 $216 $102,518,946 59
- - Atomic Blonde Focus $280,000 +40% -57% 989 $283 $48,450,435 29
- - War for the Planet of the Apes Fox $270,000 +56% -52% 1,114 $242 $142,143,895 43
- - The Big Sick LGF $215,000 +118% -33% 706 $305 $38,696,393 64
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

48M by Hotel Transylvania 2.

oh it's not that much. this just proves there's a ceiling for september releases. 100M is not gonna happen imo. maybe 70M

Edited by Alli
  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

NOoooooooooooo :(

 

Finally, for what it's worth, Terminator 2: Judgment Day returned to theaters this weekend, via 463 3D auditoriums. The James Cameron action classic earned around $275,000 yesterday for what will likely be a $880k weekend. That's not good, even by the standards of 1980's and 1990's classics doing the 3D reissue thing. Top Gun 3D (which also played in IMAX) earned $1.9 million in its opening weekend in 2013 while Raiders of the Lost Ark earned $1.6m via same in 2012. And that's not even counting much bigger and more high-profile reissues (Titanic, The Lion King, Jurassic Park, etc.) over the last several years. Nonetheless, the reissue, which was dominated at the last moment by James Cameron's "controversial" Wonder Woman comments, will push the picture's domestic total over $205m.

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Today's a very gloomy day in my area, so let's see if my theater reflects that:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Leap: 50/468

THB: 30/620

LL: 27/345

All Saints: 27/495

Nut Job: 13/234

Annabelle: 10/460

Dunkirk: 7/189

Emoji: 7/180

Terminator: 6/390

DM36/201

Dragon: 4/390

WW: 4/126

GT: 2/127

TDT: 2/145

SMH and BD have sold nothing.

 

So..... it looks ok today? @CJohn

Could be worse, I guess. I haven't even looked at the Friday numbers yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if Valerian had moved off its initial OW to this weekend, it could have probably had 3-4 screens per theater and every single special screen for the week (and probably most for 2)...heck, practically any big budget pic could have had every screen on the planet to itself and all free media coverage of its opening for the next 2 weeks...but nope, we get what we got this weekend...

 

Maybe next year, we'll see Hollywood learn a little and put something on these weekends...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

NOoooooooooooo :(

 

Finally, for what it's worth, Terminator 2: Judgment Day returned to theaters this weekend, via 463 3D auditoriums. The James Cameron action classic earned around $275,000 yesterday for what will likely be a $880k weekend. That's not good, even by the standards of 1980's and 1990's classics doing the 3D reissue thing. Top Gun 3D (which also played in IMAX) earned $1.9 million in its opening weekend in 2013 while Raiders of the Lost Ark earned $1.6m via same in 2012. And that's not even counting much bigger and more high-profile reissues (Titanic, The Lion King, Jurassic Park, etc.) over the last several years. Nonetheless, the reissue, which was dominated at the last moment by James Cameron's "controversial" Wonder Woman comments, will push the picture's domestic total over $205m.

That's what happens sadly when re-releases have limited theaters rather than they should have: Wider theater count.

  • Astonished 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.