That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

16 hours ago, filmlover said:

Is there any way that Jessica Chastain hasn't already been cast as the adult Beverly?

It sounds like it's a big possibility.

DEADLINE: Sophia Lillis plays the one girl in The Losers, Beverly, and now that you will tackle a sequel that brings the groups back to battle the clown as adults, she looks a lot like Amy Adams, or Jessica Chastain, latter of whom starred in your first film, Mama. I’d heard that you either planned to, or actually shot a coda for the end of the movie where Chastain is shown getting the message that Pennywise has returned, 27 years later. I didn’t see that in my movie. What happened?

BARBARA MUSCHIETTI: Nothing happened. You know, we wanted to keep surprises for the second part, that may never happen, but God knows we really want to do it. So you know nothing happened and I mean I was going to, you know, have to…I can’t bite my tongue about this. We would love for Jess to play her. I think one of the first things that we noticed when we saw Sophia come into the room was, my gosh, you look like her. It’s a strange kind of connection but we will see. We will see.

[Deadline]

I think if the first movie really blows up (which it's looking all but certain to at this point), I'll be shocked if they don't fast-track this for next September (they already have an untitled horror movie set for the 7th). Don't think they'll risk losing the momentum if it's possible.

A mid June release would be good for this. It would be far away from other summer tentpoles that it wouldn't be overwhelmed and it would just be a nice change of pace. If a studio decides to put a big gun in June, then a mid-late July opening would be good too. 

• Like 1

Checking the release dates of that summer, the only date in June they could possibly get away with is the 14th. Nothing's scheduled that weekend, but they would be sandwiched by Secret Life of Pets 2 and Toy Story 4. You could try a counter-programming strategy, but that didn't work too well for Conjuring 2. IT's a bigger property and could pull it off, but it's still a little risky. The only thing complicating an August release is Suicide Squad 2. I could realistically see them putting SS2 in August again. It would be a good counter to Spongebob 3, but you could also make that same argument for IT Chapter 2. 

Honestly, the smart thing would be put SS2 in August and IT Chapter 2 in September and let them possibly run those months. 

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Maybe February 2019

I would be surprised if this happened. If they start production in March like they keep saying they are, I can see the earliest point of release being in the Summer of 2019.

Edited by NoobSaibot