That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

16 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

People say WB is going to want to fast track the sequel, but they can only move so quickly.

As far as we know, they still haven't cast any of the adult actors for the kids, and the director of Part 1 isn't even confirmed as being back yet.

Not only that, but he's also slated to direct Paramount's Dracul, which could get in the way of things as well.

At least, I'm assuming he's pegged to direct it. There isn't a lot of clarity about what role he's playing.

Edited by NoobSaibot

I think with IT killing at the box office, we might actually get a supernatural backstory on Pennywise. A bigger budget will obviously happen. I also think "The Turtle" will play a larger role compared to the book. I want the CRAZY back story on Pennywise and his arch nemesis, the Turtle. The old TV movie didn't really go into this... Want this to for sure. 

Oh god how i'd love for Amy Adams to be Adult Bev. But Jessica Chastain would also fit the bill so well, and reading the quote from the producer on the first page almost makes it sound like it could even already be a done deal.

And, in a fantasy land dream casting scenario, wouldnt it be amazing if we got both! Amy and Jessica as Adult Bev and Audra.

Edited by Tyrian

I'm not even sure Audra and Beverly's husband are needed for this. The former because 

Spoiler

her and adult Bev are kinda the same character (not literally but those who read the book know what I mean) and they've already used It kidnapping a girl/woman as a plot device, and Tom because his absolutely vicious physical abuse of Beverly will probably be as defanged as her father's in the first movie, and that abuse is basically his entire character. (Part 1 shies away from adapting literally every element of the novel that could make the audiences genuinely uncomfortable and lead it to losing its crowd-pleaser appeal; why would Part 2 be any different?)

I feel like they're better off just focusing on The Losers. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, filmlover said:

Is there any way that Jessica Chastain hasn't already been cast as the adult Beverly?

Interestingly enough, in the TV series "Sharp Objects" starring Amy Adams, Sophia Lillis (Bev) plays the Adams character as a young girl in flashback sequences..........

More interested in what changes will be made for the sequel because.....

Spoiler

Of the killing off of Henry in the first film. In the novel, he is framed by IT for all the murders commited by Pennywise and is commited to life imprisonment in an insane asylum. But he escapes and plays a major role in the return of the losers as grownups.(although he meets the same end). Maybe Bev's abusive Chicago husband will be substituted?

Edited by dudalb

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Mojoguy said:

I wonder how many times Jessica Chastain is going to be asked if she is going to be playing Beverly in this movie over the next few months. lol

Amy Adams will be asked the same question because of "Sharp Objects"...

20 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm not even sure Audra and Beverly's husband are needed for this. The former because 

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like they're better off just focusing on The Losers. 

I think Bev's Husban might be needed....

Spoiler

to take the place of the now dead Henry in the second half of the novel

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think Bev's Husban might be needed....

Hide contents

to take the place of the now dead Henry in the second half of the novel

Spoiler

Is Henry dead for certain? In the novel he also fell down a well but survived. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up in the second movie. 

I'm sure Jessica Chastain has already been cast, they are just waiting to announce that with the release date for Part 2.

Also I'm sure Chastain will be the biggest star in it and will get the most focus out of the rest of the adult cast. They don't have much time if they want to make the 2019 release, especially with needing to film the kids stuff for the flashbacks since they are growing up so fast, and WB probably doesn't' want to spend too much for huge stars, which is a good thing.

I want to see the characters first not a bunch of famous actors, so keep Brad Pitt away from this movie!

Edited by Mojoguy

So you want the adult storyline gutted in the next movie? No thanks.

Audra and Tom are important since they help the audience see what kind of people Bill and Bev are after they grow up.

Amy Adams would be my perfect adult Bev, and maybe Jessica Chastain or Bryce Dallas Howard as Audra.

With that said, I too think Jessica has already secretly/privately been cast as adult Bev and they are just waiting to announce it at the appropriate time etc.

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Audra and Tom are important since they help the audience see what kind of people Bill and Bev are after they grow up.

Indeed. It will be hard for the audience to watch / learn / discover, but that will make for compelling viewing. 

• Like 1

Its hard to imagine that Jessica Chastain hasnt already been cast as Bev, even if she hasnt yet signed..

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/it-movie-andy-barbara-muschietti-interview-sequel-details-1202554099/

Do you have any ideas for actors for the kids as adults? Sophia (Lillis) does kind of look like your “Mama” star Jessica Chastain.

Andy: I don’t know, does she? [Laughs] Jessi is an amazing actress and very good friend and I would love her to play Beverly.

Barbara: She also loves this movie.

Andy: Yeah, she loves the movie and it feels like the planets are aligned in that sense, but we still have to make that happen. There are a lot of ideas for the rest of the cast that I’m playing with, but it’s a bit too premature to say those names right now.

And: http://collider.com/it-movie-barbara-muschietti-interview/

DEADLINE: Sophia Lillis plays the one girl in The Losers, Beverly, and now that you will tackle a sequel that brings the groups back to battle the clown as adults, she looks a lot like Amy Adams, or Jessica Chastain, latter of whom starred in your first film, Mama. I’d heard that you either planned to, or actually shot a coda for the end of the movie where Chastain is shown getting the message that Pennywise has returned, 27 years later. I didn’t see that in my movie. What happened?

Michael Buckner/Deadline

BARBARA MUSCHIETTI: Nothing happened. You know, we wanted to keep surprises for the second part, that may never happen, but God knows we really want to do it. So you know nothing happened and I mean I was going to, you know, have to…I can’t bite my tongue about this. We would love for Jess to play her. I think one of the first things that we noticed when we saw Sophia come into the room was, my gosh, you look like her. It’s a strange kind of connection but we will see. We will see.

Coupled with us knowing Jessica was in Mama, stated as being a 'very good friend' who they would 'love her to play bev' and 'jessica loves the movie' and commenting  on the very day Sophia walked into the room how they saw the resemblance... id imagine shes either already signed on or they'll all be fighting for it , and after they delivered Chapter 1, as if the studios going go say no to giving them what they want?

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

So you want the adult storyline gutted in the next movie? No thanks.

Spoiler

Audra's biggest function is getting kidnapped (even if she's in the movie why would someone with the stature of Adams or Chastain sign up for such a comparatively small role?) and Tom's is being an insane violent misogynist psycho. The former is inessential and the latter I don't expect to see because judging by the first movie they'll want to make it as inoffensive as possible. And it's not like Bill and Bev are terribly deep characters. You can convey who they are without dragging other characters into the picture.