That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

22 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

pretty sure if a relevant actress was the lead it'd have been released, the chick from crimson's peak or miss sloane? nope

Is OS really that star driven vs concept driven? I'm curious cause I see that stuff doesn't get released and stuff that is dying domestically (POTC, TF) is still big there. 

Transformers is dying overseas too, just not as quickly as here in the states. 475mil is a great gross but it was way down from the last film's 858mil. And the only reason that it didn't drop harder is because of it's opening in China but it's not like it's word of mouth was stellar there so a sequel would drop there, probably a lot.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

Finn wanted Bill Hader and looks like they got him. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Pratt as Ben now. McAvoy can pull off Bill.

And speaking of Bills, I'm going to keep hoping that Skarsgard is given a lot more scenes with dialogue in this. Seems like this is going to be huge again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Transformers is dying overseas too, just not as quickly as here in the states. 475mil is a great gross but it was way down from the last film's 858mil. And the only reason that it didn't drop harder is because of it's opening in China but it's not like it's word of mouth was stellar there so a sequel would drop there, probably a lot.

well they've made 6 of those in 10 years, it's a fast food franchise. and as i write this i realize how many f&f movies are which negates my point

Edited by TombRaider

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

Finn wanted Bill Hader and looks like they got him. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Pratt as Ben now. McAvoy can pull off Bill.

And speaking of Bills, I'm going to keep hoping that Skarsgard is given a lot more scenes with dialogue in this. Seems like this is going to be huge again.

Chris Pratt is probably worth 10-12mil per picture. You are insane if you think WB are going to spend that kind of money for one actor for this particular franchise.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Chris Pratt is probably worth 10-12mil per picture. You are insane if you think WB are going to spend that kind of money for one actor for this particular franchise.

I dunno if they would get someone of that caliber but you never know man. This is now one of WBs biggest franchises and they have the money. Despite some wanting him, I don't think he'd be the right fit for the role so I bet they would go with someone else. Having him and Hader would be too much comedy in what is probably going to be a dark movie.

I'm not sure who they should cast as Ben.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

Considering all the talk about the sequel, seems pretty relevant. Get ready for news surrounding that to explode this summer. Still a ways off though.

No I'm just making fun of the fact I'm STILL playing the Last of Us MP to this day,  and then Numbers posts this gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I dunno if they would get someone of that caliber but you never know man. This is now one of WBs biggest franchises and they have the money. Despite some wanting him, I don't think he'd be the right fit for the role so I bet they would go with someone else. Having him and Hader would be too much comedy in what is probably going to be a dark movie.

I'm not sure who they should cast as Ben.

Yes, they have money but blowing up the budget to 100+mil sounds far fetched to me. My prediction is that they'll get a better actor than Pratt that has far less star power.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

No I'm just making fun of the fact I'm STILL playing the Last of Us MP to this day,  and then Numbers posts this gif

Funny enough, I finally got around to playing it a few days ago after taking a break from gaming since high school. Amazing story and characters. Can see why it got all the hype it did and don't think any movie will ever do it justice.

It's still on my mind. On the plus side for people who are still playing it or played it late....the sequels not as far away. The hype is going to be unreal and I'm not sure anything will live up to the original.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yes, they have money but blowing up the budget to 100+mil sounds far fetched to me. My prediction is that they'll get a better actor than Pratt that has far less star power.

Probably. Just not sure who could fit that role as I have a feeling the film will make the love triangle between Ben - Bill - Beverley (the 3 B's) a decent plot point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Probably. Just not sure who could fit that role as I have a feeling the film will make the love triangle between Ben - Bill - Beverley (the 3 B's) a decent plot point.

I can't think of who they will cast either. Should be an interesting choice.

Pratt would be expensive, but if him and his agent were smart, they'd do this for next-to-no $ and maybe just some backend. This is the sort of film Pratt needs (assumings its gonna be as good as part 1) if he wants to maintain his longterm career.... and not just coast off short term bullshit like Passengers and a few comic book movies which will bore ppl soon enough.

Still a little dissappointed its not Amy Adams as Bev. I can see Jessica has physical similarities, and know about her prior relationship with the director etc etc... but Amy Adams is Bev. Jessica will just be playing Bev. Its a missed opportunity, but i'll give Jessica a chance I guess......

Now I know people would (rightfully) say Amy Adams would be expensive. But geez, if there is ONE loser worth blowing the budget on - its Bev I think. She was the emotional heart of part 1, but hopefully part 2 as well.

Edited by Tyrian

Pratt would take a pay cut. All actors do that for projects that couldn't be taken off the ground otherwise. Those fables 20-50M salaries are not for every movie. Most of them are paid less for majority of their work but only get maximum for specific roles (example RDJ for Iron Man, Depp for CJS). 

Edited by Valonqar

6 hours ago, Tyrian said:

Still a little dissappointed its not Amy Adams as Bev. I can see Jessica has physical similarities, and know about her prior relationship with the director etc etc... but Amy Adams is Bev. Jessica will just be playing Bev. Its a missed opportunity, but i'll give Jessica a chance I guess......

Now I know people would (rightfully) say Amy Adams would be expensive. But geez, if there is ONE loser worth blowing the budget on - its Bev I think. She was the emotional heart of part 1, but hopefully part 2 as well.

Agree, it was an easy lay up

Sofija-Lilis-Ejmi-Adams-770x433.jpg

Even Sophia Lillis has said she wanted Jessisca Chastain to play grown up Beverly.

I can't wait until Chastain does a great job in this and make people forget about ever wanting Amy Adams for the role.

Edited by Mojoguy