That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

James McAvoy confirms IT: Chapter 2 Has Started Production

"Production has officially started on IT: Chapter 2! James McAvoy took to his Instagram to not only share with us an amazing Derry related pun, but also that cameras are now rolling on the sequel. You can check out the post he made below! IT: Chapter 2 will be filming in Toronto, which was the shooting location for the first IT."

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/953701-production-begins-on-it-chapter-2

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Don't even really get the purpose of casting Tom Rogan since it's not like they're gonna go to any actually uncomfortable territory re: physical abuse. Give that screentime to the supporting Losers.

Not so sure about that since it's a topical topic...

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not so sure about that since it's a topical topic...

And this is a sequel to a 700m grossing crowdpleaser. I don't see why this would be genuinely dark and disturbing on the level of the book after the first movie wasn't, but maybe they'll surprise me. 

So it looks like the sequel is going to try to cover some of the more dark stuff from the novels.

I thought they are going to start the Chapter two with a flash back to the Black Spot stuff, but it looks like they are going to start the movie with the Adrian Mellon incident with them getting an actor for Mellon. The miniseries kind of skipped all that.

And this is a sequel to a 700m grossing crowdpleaser. I don't see why this would be genuinely dark and disturbing on the level of the book after the first movie wasn't, but maybe they'll surprise me.

In the page 2 of the It Chapter Two topic (this topic), you already said didn't want Audra or Tom in this movie.

But Audra and Tom are important since they help the audience see what kind of people Bill and Bev are after they grow up. Not having either weakens both Bill and Bev.

12 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

In the page 2 of the It Chapter Two topic (this topic), you already said didn't want Audra or Tom in this movie.

But Audra and Tom are important since they help the audience see what kind of people Bill and Bev are after they grow up. Not having either weakens both Bill and Bev.

You know what helps the audience see what kind of people your characters are? Their actions and behavior. Not their spouses. 

It's not necessarily that I don't want them in the movie, I'll just be really surprised if they're anything other than dead weight. 

They still haven't announced an actress for Audra.

Will they take her character out of the movie entirely?

I'll be pissed if they do what I think they will do if Audra isn't in the movie.

Edited by Mojoguy

On 6/21/2018 at 3:22 PM, Jake Gittes said:

Don't even really get the purpose of casting Tom Rogan since it's not like they're gonna go to any actually uncomfortable territory re: physical abuse. Give that screentime to the supporting Losers.

We're getting into spoilers here so let's not go any further. 

Having said that I disagree with you. It's an important part of Beverly's life seeing as what happened to her growing up with her dad and abuse she faced from him. If they remove that from the movie they are removing an integral part of her character.

46 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

They still haven't announced an actress for Audra.

Will they take her character out of the movie entirely?

I'll be pissed if they do what I think they will do if Audra isn't in the movie.

It is definitely something they could take out and it really wouldn't affect the film all that much but that's just my opinion.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:35 PM, Jake Gittes said:

The first movie had a killer clown biting off a child's arm and then dragging him bleeding and screaming into a sewer to be murdered...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1