That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

2 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Hmmm I should read the book lol 

Yeah if you have time and patience, it’s a fascinating read with a completely different focus than what is seen on the screen. Some of the mini stories describing the atrocities the people made in the past are scarier than the monster. At least that’s how I remember it, it’s been many many years since I read it but there’s a few unforgettable things about it that YOU WILL NEVER see in any film version of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yeah if you have time and patience, it’s a fascinating read with a completely different focus than what is seen on the screen. Some of the mini stories describing the atrocities the people made in the past are scarier than the monster. At least that’s how I remember it, it’s been many many years since I read it but there’s a few unforgettable things about it that YOU WILL NEVER see in any film version of it.

Even if you forget about THE ONE THING THEY WILL NEVER SHOW , youre so right, there's so much more to the book that could never be explained or illustrated in the film. I was a tad disappointed they didn't do the Ritual of Chud.

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

who did they cast? I'm scrolling up but nothing comes up. :wacko:

Jess Weixler, who doesn't resemble Chastain but she's her real life BFF and also featured with her (and McAvoy) in that Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby movie. Apparently Weinstein tried to get Chastain to pimp Weixler for him :sick: 

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Jess Weixler, who doesn't resemble Chastain but she's her real life BFF and also featured with her (and McAvoy) in that Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby movie. Apparently Weinstein tried to get Chastain to pimp Weixler for him :sick: 

Yikes!

It's really great that Rigby cast is such a good friends. 

BTW, I don't remember Audra much from the book, but was she supposed to resemble Bev? 

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yikes!

It's really great that Rigby cast is such a good friends. 

BTW, I don't remember Audra much from the book, but was she supposed to resemble Bev? 

In the book, yes. With Weixler's casting though, maybe they've removed that aspect of the character for the film.

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

In the book, yes. With Weixler's casting though, maybe they've removed that aspect of the character for the film.

IMO, that's better cause people may get confused thinking they were sisters or something. Average audience isn't the brightest. ;)

Not directly connected, but sad news for all fans of horror literuature:

Harlan Ellison just died;one of the best practioners of the horror short story in history. If there is a story scarier then "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream" I have yet to read it.

Also a close friend of Stephan King.

• Sad 2

https://deadline.com/2018/07/it-chapter-two-the-nun-comic-con-new-line-scarediego-1202421038/ 

This year’s ScareDiego will provide fans with some early details about Andy Muschietti’s It: Chapter Two (which began filming yesterday, and a photo of the grown-up cast was dropped) and there will be extended scenes from Corin Hardy’s The Nun, the next installment in The Conjuring universe opening on Sept. 9. In addition, there will be other surprise film announcements as well as filmmaker and talent appearances. SDCC runs from July 19-22. 

New Line Cinema will be reprising their genre cinematic preview night ScareDiego at Comic-Con on Wed., July 18, 9:30PM at the Horton Grand Theatre in the Gaslamp District.

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 75Live said:

adult cast at a script read

636661375021366680-IT2-SOP-003.jpg?width

McAvoy looks like someone who's on the roll and he enjoys every minute of it. The cast looks happy for him especially Jess. :) can't wait for this and Glass.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

@baumer any chance you watch some outdoor filming? Does anyone know locations? 

I'm going to try but it's about an hour from me, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get there.