That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

20 hours ago, grim22 said:

Reshoots are very efficient if you think about it. I don’t think I have been able to deliver a report at work to clients without getting to version 8 at least. Reshoots deliver a movie within version 2

I completely agree.  

I don't get why reshoots became such a bad word.  I know for one movie that started it, but literally almost every movie has reshoots so I don't understand.

Anyway, moving on, on a whim last night, I put in the chapter 1 blu ray last night and I think I like the movie more and more, the more times I see it.  :)

not trying to overhype myself for this sequel, but I hope they get it right regardless 

1 hour ago, dX airdry zid said:

hope enough of the new crowd gets around to the 1,100+ page edition of the book before the new movie.  It: Chapter One must have added tens of millions of young fans.

I'm not really into books but I mustered the courage to read the book around this time last year.

I managed to read a total of 2 pages before never opening it again....:kitschjob:

(though I really loved how even the first 2 pages are so accurately adapted in the opening 1 minute)

quick behind the scenes shot from the director's instagram.  No spoilers obviously

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2018 at 2:25 AM, NamakFiskKa said:

I'm not really into books but I mustered the courage to read the book around this time last year.

I managed to read a total of 2 pages before never opening it again....:kitschjob:

(though I really loved how even the first 2 pages are so accurately adapted in the opening 1 minute)

What is it about the first two pages that bothered you?

8 hours ago, dX airdry zid said:

well I hope the millions of new 'It' fans power through the book.

However, I expect the second movie to be a completely different spin from the back half of the story.

Didnt the book provide parallel narration of the kids and adult version both of which depended on each other ?

That should mean that they already finished through half of book and the other timeline has to do all the heavy lifting of the lore ?

Edited by NamakFiskKa

22 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Didnt the book provide parallel narration of the kids and adult version both of which depended on each other ?

That should mean that they already finished through half of book and the other timeline has to do all the heavy lifting of the lore ?

I think the book jumped from past to present by chapter through 40 or so chapters.  Not sure what timeline had more of an impact on the overall story.

The balloons in the first movie seemed CGI where they shouldn't have been, but the adult portion in the sequel should have the most CGI anyways.  I doubt they will go into the mythos of the story.  The ending of the first movie made it hard to see a transition from that ending to how the second film-to-book should end.

3 hours ago, 75Live said:

but unless they change one major thing from the book, the opening scene should be something pretty obvious and is a great way to start the movie.

Let me guess it will be similar to the starting event of the first movie.

But this is just me basing off on the observations made by the the fat  kid  and the scenes involving the black kid in the first movie that I think the starting will delve into the origin of the clown in a period setting the thing feel Witch 2015-ish

6 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Let me guess it will be similar to the starting event of the first movie.

But this is just me basing off on the observations made by the the fat  kid  and the scenes involving the black kid in the first movie that I think the starting will delve into the origin of the clown in a period setting the thing feel Witch 2015-ish

nope,  not saying it can't be that, but we were talking about something directly from the book and would setup the second movie perfectly

• Like 1

Accidentally just saw a behind the scenes pic on set.  Not sure I should post it though.  For those that know the book, it wouldn't necessarily be a spoiler since they would get the context, but then again, if you don't know the book, it won't mean much  lol

I guess I can just give a link to those that want to see it or not. 😛 

• Like 1