That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This absolutely has the potential to become the 2nd 100M+ OW for the horror genre and September.

I feel >100M is pretty much a guarantee for the OW. Chapter 1 did 123M with much of Texas unable to even watch it due to the hurricane flooding. Plus this has finale factor and the great goodwill towards the first one. 

I believe we'll see this easily beat Chapter 1 for the horror OW record, although my guess is the legs wont be as strong.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

This absolutely has the potential to become the 2nd 100M+ OW for the horror genre and September.

So many people are on sub-It 1 domestic, but i genuinely think it might increase as long as it's as good as the first. Pennywise is even more popular now than he was when that first film dropped, and WB is marketing it as a finale instead of "another one".

Given how viral the trailer for the first movie went, WB is absolutely pushing for this to climb the most viewed trailers list.

IT’s trailer is #5 with 197M views in 24 hours. I think this stands an outside chance of unseating TLK and Infinity War (224M and 230M respectively) to hit #3

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I'll need to see the trailer, but I am one of those that see this dropping, OW/Dom.  The kids were the real appeal of the first one, and while I love the adult cast and think it's fantastic, the adult portion of the book wasn't a good as the kids either.

I might sing a completely different tune in a couple of hours 😂

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Yeah, I'll need to see the trailer, but I am one of those that see this dropping, OW/Dom.  The kids were the real appeal of the first one, and while I love the adult cast and think it's fantastic, the adult portion of the book wasn't a good as the kids either.

I might sing a completely different tune in a couple of hours 😂

As I've mentioned many times IT is my favorite book and as I'm sure you know the adult and the kids stuff was much more intertwined in the book. There could be a drop but then again the opening weekend could also be huge based on the trailer. I think they're going to mix some of the kids stuff in the trailer as well, at least I think they will and I think they should. So it's kind of hard to make a judgment call without a trailer but I'm cautiously optimistic that it will do very well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, baumer said:

As I've mentioned many times IT is my favorite book and as I'm sure you know the adult and the kids stuff was much more intertwined in the book. There could be a drop but then again the opening weekend could also be huge based on the trailer. I think they're going to mix some of the kids stuff in the trailer as well, at least I think they will and I think they should. So it's kind of hard to make a judgment call without a trailer but I'm cautiously optimistic that it will do very well.

Yeah, they kinda have to have the kids included in it somehow, but they won't be the focus.  I'm hoping for the best, I really liked the first!

• Thanks 1