That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Agreed with everyone that most likely there will he some sort of drop.  

Loving the book, I know most like the kids sections but the adult parts were good too.  But I agree the kid stuff is more compelling to people

• Like 1

The kid sections were always more compelling, just like The Goonies, for example, wouldn't be as compelling if it was about adults.  However, the adult sections are really great too, and Muschietti incorporating the more trippy elements, along with the kids and mashing it all with the adults should make this super cool. I hope they do release it as one cut at some point, Muschietti mentioned it, but he also mentioned an extended cut that was supposed to come in 2018 and I'm still waiting for it. Haven't rewatched it for that reason,  the first part is excellent but it's like 20, 30 min away from being great. 

• Like 1

I may be jumping the gun with this, but I don’t think this trailer is going to blow up the way the first did. It’s a good trailer, just doesn’t quite have the same “hook” imo

Edited by DAJK

This reminded me of the first Conjuring trailer, which is one of my favorites of the past decade. Needless to say I thought it was pretty awesome.

Edited by gadd

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Epic music was a bit much, but I loved it otherwise. Single scene trailers are always effective, and the sizzle reel stuff looked great too.

Yeah, reminded me of the American Sniper trailer in that regard. The naked old person reminded me of Hereditary 

• Haha 1

I thought it was great, particularly the first part with Beverly and the old woman. I remember that being super creepy from the books, like a take on Gretel and the witch or something from one of those old-school Grimm tales.  Had a nice vibe.  Very excited for this.

4 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

The kids were the real appeal of the first one, and while I love the adult cast and think it's fantastic, the adult portion of the book wasn't a good as the kids either.

Oh I think just like pennywise they wouldnt let go off the kids in this one , they'll be a significant part of the marketing push and the trailers even if they arent a major presence in the actual movie

2 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Oh I think just like pennywise they wouldnt let go off the kids in this one , they'll be a significant part of the marketing push and the trailers even if they arent a major presence in the actual movie

Yeah, but if you do that, you risk pissing off people that wanted to see the kids but don't get to.  I know it's a book and fans of the book will know, but you can't just promise one thing and not deliver it.