That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

1 hour ago, baumer said:

The adult story is compelling. I'm not sure what part of the adult story you guys are focusing on but in the book they are interspersed together. I'm not going to get into spoiler territory but there's a lot of stuff that happens to the adults sort of at the beginning of the story that is really messed up really scary and really adult-themed. So you can't just go by what One reviewer says of the movie. There's a lot of twists and turns that happen in the book and I'm not worried about this movie at all.

I think it's just not as much "fun" watching adults in the scary situations as it is little kids.  If that makes any sense, lol.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, baumer said:

So you read one tweet from one person and that's what you go on?  

Not to mention that ViewerAnon has a very particular taste shall we say, hem hem. Anyway, the buzz seems really strong around it. @baumer The moments with them grown up in the book are fantastic, they're just by design not as "compelling" so to speak because you lose the whole innocence, the kids and the Goonies aspect. 

I'm very excited to see the director's cut of the first chapter, Andy Muschietti said it'd come last year. Barbara Muschietti was asked about it on Instagram and she said it would be coming soon. I guess WB either wants us to double dip and release Chapter Two first, and then do another release where the two are combined in one cut which Andy mentioned he wanted to do. 

I worship the book, and the first film is excellent but imo it's 20-30 min away from being great. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

I think it's just not as much "fun" watching adults in the scary situations as it is little kids.  If that makes any sense, lol.

I agree.  But being a massive fan of the book, there's quite a few scenarios that take place with the adults that are just plain messed up.  I'm pretty sure you have read the book so you know what I mean when I say Fortune Cookie and Bev's husband and a bunch of other stuff.

• Like 3

I can't believe this forum has studio fandoms. Rooting for a particular Big 5 studio is saddest thing in the world. 

I can understand rooting for Marvel, DC, Star wars but rooting for Disney and WB 😲😲😲

Just now, baumer said:

I agree.  But being a massive fan of the book, there's quite a few scenarios that take place with the adults that are just plain messed up.  I'm pretty sure you have read the book so you know what I mean when I say Fortune Cookie and Bev's husband and a bunch of other stuff.

Oh totally, and I can't wait to see how they handle that stuff!  But I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check, because that first one seems like it was a perfect storm and I don't know how this one can top it gross wise.  

I hope I'm wrong though!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

EDIT

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Oh totally, and I can't wait to see how they handle that stuff!  But I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check, because that first one seems like it was a perfect storm and I don't know how this one can top it gross wise.  

I hope I'm wrong though!

I'm trying to stay grounded too.  But I can't help but be excited for this film.  :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrandierHorror said:

I can't believe this forum has studio fandoms. Rooting for a particular Big 5 studio is saddest thing in the world. 

I can understand rooting for Marvel, DC, Star wars but rooting for Disney and WB 😲😲😲

Wrong thread?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Gonna assume Hader's the MVP?

I would personally say Hader is the standout, but I still really enjoyed Mcavoy, just go into it knowing he’s doing a combo New England/ philly accent which is reminiscent to Kevin’s accent in split. I didn’t find it distracting. 

Edited by Crosswind Ghost
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crosswind Ghost said:

I would personally say Hader is the standout, but I still really enjoyed Mcavoy, just go into it knowing he’s doing a combo New England/ philly accent which is reminiscent to Kevin’s accent in split. I didn’t find it distracting. 

You've seen it? Please PM me changes between the movie and the book. :)

12 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I say it crawls down to something like 60-70 (like the first one was supposed to)

Why would it drop that low? This film would be more front-loaded than the last one.

Probably getting a new trailer at ScareDiego, if it's released online it'll be the biggest footage made available during SDCC weekend unless Marvel releases their stuff online which is... unlikely.