That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

22 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Wow! Epic!

@baumer Having read the book I have to think the runtime is warranted. What about you?

Not baumer but I also read the book and I think the runtime can definitely be warranted depending on what they take from the book and put in the movie 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Not baumer but I also read the book and I think the runtime can definitely be warranted depending on what they take from the book and put in the movie 

It also leads me to believe that there will be more flashback scenes with the kids than we maybe thought. They might still be a huge part of this movie. 

• Like 2

Just now, JB33 said:

It also leads me to believe that there will be more flashback scenes with the kids than we maybe thought. They might still be a huge part of this movie. 

Oh I definitely think the kids will be at least in 25% of the film and that's probably low.

Even if they aren't, there's still tons of material with the adults 

• Like 1

Wow.  That’s a lot of movie.  Hopefully that means a lot of flashbacks.  The kids were the better part of the book for me, and I loved the first movie, so I’d definitely be up for that.  Still...that’s a lot of movie.

Wouldn’t it be far too easy for Pennywise to scare people in this day and age? All he would need to do is transform into one of those monstrosity’s from Cats and his victims would be shitting themselves in pure terror.

Edited by Boxofficerules
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

WB needs to do what Disney did for Endgame and try to get 24 hour screenings of the film. I feel like the movie's box-office will be affected if they don't. 

That's a response to the demand of the movie, and dependent upon the theaters, not the studio. 

30 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

WB needs to do what Disney did for Endgame and try to get 24 hour screenings of the film. I feel like the movie's box-office will be affected if they don't. 

I doubt there's going to be anything near the demand Endgame had during its opening weekend.

With a run time being this long it also shows that the studio has incredible confidence in the movie. The actual novel is around 1,100 pages so it totally makes sense that the two chapters are basically about five hours long. I'm really excited to see it.

• Like 6