That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Hope this the one for La Chastain, she has not been very lucky with her mainstream films.

her snub for Molly's Game is criminal. I blame distributor for dropping the movie in a busy season where it got lost in a shuffle. it was finding the audience when they slashed the number of theaters and screens to accommodate 50+ new movies. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

her snub for Molly's Game is criminal. I blame distributor for dropping the movie in a busy season where it got lost in a shuffle. it was finding the audience when they slashed the number of theaters and screens to accommodate 50+ new movies. 

Hell ya! She was my pick for Best actress for Molly's Game.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Same way Endgame increased on Infinity war.

But the question of “how will it end” is different.

The ending of It Part 1 works as a stand-alone. Infinity War is a cliffhanger. The urgency isn’t there. 

If anything, It Part 2 reminds me of those tacked on sequels that come out 20+ years after the original: the cast and characters are back and older, and arguably the whole endeavour is unnecessary. It Part 2 isn’t working off 35 years of nostalgia like Star Wars, Tron, and Top Gun 2. It’s not working off 10 years like Zombieland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

26 minutes ago, AJG said:

But the question of “how will it end” is different.

The ending of It Part 1 works as a stand-alone. Infinity War is a cliffhanger. The urgency isn’t there. 

If anything, It Part 2 reminds me of those tacked on sequels that come out 20+ years after the original: the cast and characters are back and older, and arguably the whole endeavour is unnecessary. It Part 2 isn’t working off 35 years of nostalgia like Star Wars, Tron, and Top Gun 2. It’s not working off 10 years like Zombieland. 

Yeah but literally everybody who watched chapter 1 knows that it was only half of the story. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

Yeah Mollys Game was all kinds of wonderful, how she never got recognised for that was criminal.

The whole film was snubbed;which is a shame because it was one of my favorite films of 2017.CHaistain was incredible in it.

Having read "It", I admit I have some concerns about the running time;seems a bit too long for the material to be covered. But I could be wrong,and they did such a good job with Part One I will give them the benefit of he doubt on this.

5 hours ago, AJG said:

It's more like Harry Potter 7 part 2, Breaking Dawn part 2.

The thing that started the whole 2 parter thing and it's not even getting milked into a trilogy