That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

You guys didn't learn a thing with this year? It's pretty clear by now that this year is DOA for non Disney property, people spent the whole year saying that this Summer would explode because the first months were awful and look what happened, lol.

I'll be happy with anything over $80m at this point. I don't trust anymore that people actually care to cinema these days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Im tempted in preparation of this new movie, to read the book but closed it past the first 2 pages seeing the huge ass page count 

5 hours ago, baumer said:

You have no idea what you are missing.  

Baumer's right ;)

I already read the book again before part 1 and it's a great book

2 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

You guys didn't learn a thing with this year? It's pretty clear by now that this year is DOA for non Disney property, people spent the whole year saying that this Summer would explode because the first months were awful and look what happened, lol.

I'll be happy with anything over $80m at this point. I don't trust anymore that people actually care to cinema these days.

First of all, we just had Spiderman and OUATIH do well and Hobbs and Shaw is looking to do well too (a 60 mil OW is great for a spin off film)

Also no Disney movie will release a month before and after It Chapter 2. The first half of the year was riddled with Disney films.

There is no reason to be all gloom and doom over this film and set such low expectations lol. You are assuming that people won't watch the film because it doesn't have a Disney logo in the front when that isn't the reason why other films did badly this year.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

Lol.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

First of all, we just had Spiderman and OUATIH do well and Hobbs and Shaw is looking to do well too (a 60 mil OW is great for a spin off film)

Also no Disney movie will release a month before and after It Chapter 2. The first half of the year was riddled with Disney films.

There is no reason to be all gloom and doom over this film and set such low expectations lol. You are assuming that people won't watch the film because it doesn't have a Disney logo in the front when that isn't the reason why other films did badly this year.

Spider Man is part of MCU, it doesn't count. OUATIH is doing well, but if it were released few years ago, a movie with QT + Pitt + Leo would be grossing $250m, not $150m. HAS is one of the few bright stories in a year full of disappointments.

I'm not assuming people won't watch it because it doesn't have a Disney logo, I'm assuming people will skip it like they did with pretty much every single movie this year, since they only care for one kind of movie these days.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

:hahaha::hahaha:

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I don't know man, H&S managed to reach 60M. But then again, DJ is closer to the Disney family than the Fast family. 🤔 

Every hypothesis has anomalies... 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I'm assuming people will skip it like they did with pretty much every single movie this year, since they only care for one kind of movie these days.

And what is that? Because Disney released films of different kinds of films this year. And yeah, as soon as the year started people decided that

Also a 3 hour long drama wouldn't have made 250 mil in any year this decade. If OUTIH released in the summer 2 years ago, it would have made around the same.

Plus we had a huge almost 80 mil horror opener this year already (so expecting It Chapter 2 to open around the mark is dumb) and Glass also opened well (meaning people cared to watch it and more would have if it wasn't a bad film). HTTYD 3, John Wick 3, etc all opened well as well and released right next to Disney films.

You comments are borderline concern trolling at this point.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hollywood would make about the same no matter when released. 250 DOM for a long, hangout heavy, sprawling flick? Come on, now.

The Revenant grossed almost $200m, despite not having a popular director behind it drawing audiences like the combo of QT + Leo. Plus, it's a far less acessible movie for audiences, and it was released in JANUARY. Do you really want me to believe that OUATIH couldn't have grossed $200m few years ago?

35 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

And what is that? Because Disney released films of different kinds of films this year. And yeah, as soon as the year started people decided that

Also a 3 hour long drama wouldn't have made 250 mil in any year this decade. If OUTIH released in the summer 2 years ago, it would have made around the same.

Plus we had a huge almost 80 mil horror opener this year already (so expecting It Chapter 2 to open around the mark is dumb) and Glass also opened well (meaning people cared to watch it and more would have if it wasn't a bad film). HTTYD 3, John Wick 3, etc all opened well as well and released right next to Disney films.

You comments are borderline concern trolling at this point.

1. I doubt it.

2, US is the only succesfull Horror storie this year, and even this one was a disappointment when it comes to legs.

3. Glass opened almost $20m below tracking, and underperformed just like pretty much every movie this year.

4. HTTYD3 grossed less than the second movie, and that one was considered a disaster back in 2014.

5. JW3 is one of the few succesfull stories this year. Too bad it's only one movie.

Do you really not see a trend formed this year? Are you blind? We received all the signs showing that people aren't going to movies anymore like they did in the past, and IT2 is just another one that will suffer from it.

• ...wtf 1

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This is R-rated film, not NC-17

I think the joke is that the movies don't have that scene, whereas the book does... the book has multiple instances of child sex in it, actually... King made some pretty questionable decisions during his most successful period as an author, and hinging his biggest novel (sales and size-wize) on the prospect of a bunch of 13 year olds all having sex with each other as some sort of holy ritual is one of the most questionable decisions in his entire career... 

I don't think the book should be skipped, but only because there's a lot of subtext about the town and the nature of communities to knowingly ignore and leave behind its vulnerable members... and almost none of that is really in the movie. But if those elements show up in the sequel, then I think its possible that the book could be skipped entirely... because otherwise it's one of those adaptations that improves on the novel considerably. 

So far as its box office prospects... I think IT will do just fine. Even if people aren't going to movies as much because it's become the amusement park... IT is considered one of the best rides to go on... Scheduling is going to help it... everyone's going to be in the mood to see something scary, and they already know they like this, because they saw part 1 and loved it a couple years ago...

Edited by LawrenceBrolivier

9 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

1. I doubt it.

2, US is the only succesfull Horror storie this year, and even this one was a disappointment when it comes to legs.

3. Glass opened almost $20m below tracking, and underperformed just like pretty much every movie this year.

4. HTTYD3 grossed less than the second movie, and that one was considered a disaster back in 2014.

5. JW3 is one of the few succesfull stories this year. Too bad it's only one movie.

Do you really not see a trend formed this year? Are you blind? We received all the signs showing that people aren't going to movies anymore like they did in the past, and IT2 is just another one that will suffer from it.

I'm going to shoot myself in the face if I see one more person say Glass underperformed. IT MADE $246M ON A $20M PRODUCTION BUDGET. THAT IS NOT AN UNDERPERFORMER. Yes, it made less than its predecessor, doesn't matter. Forget whatever the hell it was "tracking" for, that doesn't matter. What is tracking? An estimate, that's all it is. It's not some magical number that if a movie fails to hit it's suddenly a failure.