Jump to content
That One Guy

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Still think the lack of cute kids will hurt this.

 

Adults aren't afraid of clowns, kids maybe.

 

This movie has no internal logic whatsoever.

 

It will decrease a lot.

 

Maybe.

I'm pretty sure adults are afraid of clowns that can kill them.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

how can you possibly say the movie has no internal logic when you have no idea where the story is going to go from here? The adult part of the story is not quite as interesting as the kids story but that's because discovery is always more interesting than acceptance.

 

Having said that there are a plethora a fantastic scenes in the book that involve the adults. And there's a few Easter eggs for other Stephen King stories as well. One that I really really hope they keep in the movie.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I never got why the first one was such a success. Of course, it looked great and I wouldn't have been surprised if it had opened to 75 million (like "Halloween" for example) on its road to around 180-190 million. But that 123/327 run was crazy.

 

It was a HUGE horror success in Germany as well but ironically I do not know anyone who loved it. Nobody hated it either. All people I talked to about the movie found it like...okay. That's why I am quite curious what a BO run IT2 will have.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Book it now, this is going under the first in every metric. OW, DOM and WW. 

I'm more certain it'll go under the first in every critical metric. RT,  MC, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@EliasChristensen the book is iconic and novelty of having an R rated horror with child protagonists. Lots of teens under 18 were brought in with their elders to see the movie defying the myth that R hurts the boxoffice of movies targeting that age group. me and my younger sisters see quite a few R movies because parents take us. They think we are mature enough to watch with their guidance. R doesn't automatically mean that parents or older siblings won't let younger teens and kids see the movie with them.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Book it now, this is going under the first in every metric. OW, DOM and WW. 

That would be the logical thing, but I'm not so sure anymore. All of the big blockbusters this summer have skewed heavily family, so it will have been since EG when this releases that there have been any big grossers outside of that demo.  Furthermore, they have been smart to market this heavily with a finale factor. That's one thing I wasn't taking into consideration before marketing, but it could really boost this. Audiences know they aren't trying to stretch this out to 6 movies or something (at least not this particular story, I'm sure they will use Pennywise in films in the future). 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

That would be the logical thing, but I'm not so sure anymore. All of the big blockbusters this summer have skewed heavily family, so it will have been since EG when this releases that there have been any big grossers outside of that demo.  Furthermore, they have been smart to market this heavily with a finale factor. That's one thing I wasn't taking into consideration before marketing, but it could really boost this. Audiences know they aren't trying to stretch this out to 6 movies or something (at least not this particular story, I'm sure they will use Pennywise in films in the future). 

The question is how well will the finale factor work if there’s was only one movie before this one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The question is how well will the finale factor work if there’s was only one movie before this one?

I think it does matter, this is just a much different situation than we're accustomed to. When's the last time a first sequel in a franchise has actually been marketed as the end? In a world where 3 Holland Spiderman trilogies have been announced and they're grasping at straws to stretch Fantastic Beasts to 5+ movies, I think audiences might find this two and done thing really refreshing. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.