That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

14 minutes ago, Dbui8743 said:

From the reactions, part 2 seems to try to fill in the void by more scares and if people enjoy horror, just decent scares and love part 1, i think this should do well.

I'm hearing the movie is more of a great roller coaster ride than a great movie which could work in its favour but the length could be a problem.

I'm wondering if this would have worked better if the movies were split into three parts and did the kids parts for the first two and did just the adults for the third movie (instead of shoehorning in the kids with the adults parts in one movie).

Edited by lorddemaxus

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm hearing the movie is more of a great roller coaster ride than a great movie which could work in its favour but the length could be a problem.

I'm wondering if this would have worked better if the movies were split into three parts and did the kids parts for the first two and did just the adults for the third movie (instead of shoehorning in the kids with the adults parts in one movie).

It might work, it might not. We have not seen the movie, but the consensus has been part 1 is perfection, then we should not split it any further.

Besides, if we really separated the kid and adult stuff, I would say it would not be it, it would then work as a normal horror movie with a group of adult. It might be a great movie, but it might not be a great finale. Anyway, I am seeing it opening day lol.

I really don't think these reactions are bad. they are realistic which is rate for early screenings. usually we get overblown reactions and then watch RT score plummet with each new review. 

Hader as Richie stealing the show is not surprise for Richie is the show stealer. So it's right in line with canon. 

4 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

CHAPTER TWO ends well, so I don't think the length will be a huge issue. It picks up steam as it goes (once it finally gets going).

This is basically my review in a sentence.  And yeah that first scene of the kids together is exactly what I meant.  I think I would have been much less distracted by older versions of themselves but also don’t really understand why they didn’t just film ALL of the kids scenes a few years ago if they knew it was being split.  Guess the production schedule just didn’t allow for it.  

Yeah ah I think most people here seem to be getting really nervous. I think a lot of people will like it it’s just  inevitably going to be compared to Part 1 and it just never reaches those heights.  Still a mostly good film though with an excellent climax.

• Like 1

I honestly think that the answer is that some IPs have more forgiving fandoms who get hyped just for being able to see a movie before anyone else. remember that TLJ not only had gushing tweets but also gushing reviews yet rest of fandom reception was a different story. Likewise wasn't Civil War the best movie ever but had the worst multi of any MCU movie? So it's really a toss up. 

OTOH, Aladdin had "pleasantly surprised thanks to ultra low expectations" type of tweets and rotten RT and look what a leggy smash it has become. 

Edited by Valonqar