That One Guy

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

1 hour ago, ViewerAnon said:

I think it's gonna end up somewhere between 55-65%.

Embarrassing year for WB. Joker's like their only hope at this point, at least we'll know about that film's quality a whole month+ before release though.

• ...wtf 1
8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Embarrassing year for WB. Joker's like their only hope at this point, at least we'll know about that film's quality a whole month+ before release though.

Again don't understand the doom and gloom. Look at the RT score of the highest grossing movie from the conjuring franchise.

And that is if it even reaches those scores. It could easily have a low average but a high percentage like other horror movies this year.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

65% ain't bad. Aquaman got 64% and people loved the shit out of it, more so than some movies with higher rating. 

If this gets that low than $300m dom is dead imo. The run-time really, really hurts its chances of matching the first film.

• ...wtf 1
1 minute ago, TMP said:

If this gets that low than $300m dom is dead imo. The run-time really, really hurts its chances of matching the first film.

But how is it dead? Are people going to not watch the movie because of the rating? I'll give you the runtime but that will only stop the movie from outgrossing the first film.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

But how is it dead? Are people going to not watch the movie because of the rating? I'll give you the runtime but that will only stop the movie from outgrossing the first film.

If it's that low then I'd be surprised it's the crowd-pleaser the first one was. WoM won't be as strong, and the hype is already way lower than the first film's so I don't see it matching the OW. 

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

If it's that low then I'd be surprised it's the crowd-pleaser the first one was. WoM won't be as strong, and the hype is already way lower than the first film's so I don't see it matching the OW. 

Pretty much all the reviews says it's pretty similar to the first movie so I don't see WoM getting worse. If people enjoyed the first film, they should enjoy this. Most of the reviews are criticising the messiness of the script and the CGI which audiences don't really care about.

If it delivers on the scares, is fun, and has a good conclusion, people aren't going to care and the reactions say it delivers on all three.

And I can easily see this open the same or higher than the first film. Hype seems pretty similar.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, TMP said:

see this is the kind of knee-jerk head-spinning vomit-inducing reaction to preliminary reviews that just really make me shake my head sometimes. how in the world is this going to be embarrassing? this movie is going to make probably 300 million here and at least 600 million worldwide if not 700 million. That is far from embarrassment. It is a goddamn roaring success.

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, TMP said:

and are you simply focussing on the somewhat negative reviews and just completely bypassing all the positive stuff that has been posted already?

And since when do critics ever have the pulse of horror movies? They very rarely ever feel the same as a horror audience does.

• Thanks 4
9 minutes ago, Dbui8743 said:

TMP is just negative in general and more so about WB sometimes.

So am I a Disney hater or a WB hater? Since I've been called both in the last few days

18 minutes ago, TMP said:

So am I a Disney hater or a WB hater? Since I've been called both in the last few days

I personally don’t think you’re a hater, I think you sometimes get easily influenced by stuff you see online and that doesn’t always translate to how things will play out to the general public. 

For the record I have no idea how this movie will do but I’m seeing it opening night, already have my tickets. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
51 minutes ago, Dbui8743 said:

TMP is just negative in general and more so about WB sometimes.

well, his favorite actor has 2 tentpoles with WB so he doesn't want to set himself up for disappointment. though I think that the power of Jesus Patz will compel big boxoffice and rave reviews. :stirthepot:

Edited by Valonqar
11 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

This movie would drop in any case, the reviews being less favorable than for the first one, plus, the runtime is just going to do even more damage. Currently expecting $220m DOM.

That would need absolutely terrible legs to happen. That isn't happening.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That would need absolutely terrible legs to happen. That isn't happening.

OW is reportedly tracking at 95-115m.  If it opens at $95m a $220m total with a 2.315 multi would be fine for a horror sequel.  Halloween just had a 2.09 multi.  US an original 2.46