That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

Reviews seem good to me 

Yep. Anything above 70 is going to be great for its box office prospects, IMO. There are probably a fair number of people who already know the story who were holding off buying tix until they saw the reviews. Bet we see a bigger than usual uptick in sales these next 24 hours.

• Like 1

reviews are solid. WTF is this guy thinking?

It is just so pointlessly long: approaching three hours, with our heroes finally beginning to assume a glassy-eyed solemnity like Hogwarts graduates or the Fellowship of the Ring.

WTF? FOTR is a masterpiece and HP movies are very good. yet this review is rotten. :badday:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Reviews are good enough to have no impact whatsoever.  IF this was like 31% on RT or something maybe it'd have a slight impact but even then it was going to have a huge OW.  

I didn't expect this to be as highly rated by the critics because "children > adults" .....  they might not be wrong there..  

Glad to see this is still at 85%, I’m suspecting it’ll finish at around 65-75%. 

I’m one of the few that was not a hardcore fan of the first one. My grade for the first one was a C+, biggest complaints being the horrible use of CGI, not letting Skarsgard do his own thing, and just some weird wtf moments like the pennywise dancing scene. The first was just overall not scary or even creepy enough. Hoping Part 2 changed that.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

So Muschietti fucked up. Disney’s dominance to continue 

The first movie may have been R but it was as Disneyfied in its unimaginative mass-market mediocrity as it could be so fuck-up or no fuck-up nothing would change.