That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Anyone outside the US got the BoP teaser with their screening? Is the trailer like part of the movie itself?

I'm from Brazil and I saw the BoP teaser.

The lights had already been turned off and everyone thought the movie was starting but the DC logo came in and we realized it was the teaser.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apollo2xx said:

I'm from Brazil and I saw the BoP teaser.

The lights had already been turned off and everyone thought the movie was starting but the DC logo came in and we realized it was the teaser.

Yeah that DC logo popping up with no apparent reason kinda spoils the fun that it’s not actually the beginning of It.Should have been at the end of the teaser.

Just saw it. IT was good. Time flew by for me. But im also a fanboy who read the book 2 times and i loved all the small stories..

Bill Hader kills it. The others are great to and the captured The Loosers club like i hoped they would. I feared it would suck so i were gladly surprised that i worked as good as it did

8/10

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just watched it. It's not an amazing movie but its a lot of fun and it's honestly just cool to watch a epic horror movie. The scares were a bit better this time and I honestly liked a lot of the horror sequences. Is it kind of generic and repetitive at times and would I have liked for them to explore more of the cosmic side? Yeah, but there is also a lot of heartfelt stuff in here and it felt like a good tradeoff. I can't wait to watch the supercut next year. 7/10 (same rating as the first film)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just watched it. It's not an amazing movie but its a lot of fun and it's honestly just cool to watch a epic horror movie. The scares were a bit better this time and I honestly liked a lot of the horror sequences. Is it kind of generic and repetitive at times and would I have liked for them to explore more of the cosmic side? Yeah, but there is also a lot of heartfelt stuff in here and it felt like a good tradeoff. I can't wait to watch the supercut next year. 7/10 (same rating as the first film)

Last time i check this one was a horror movie.

No amazing but epic?

4 hours ago, fmpro said:

Just saw it. IT was good. Time flew by for me. But im also a fanboy who read the book 2 times and i loved all the small stories..

Bill Hader kills it. The others are great to and the captured The Loosers club like i hoped they would. I feared it would suck so i were gladly surprised that i worked as good as it did

8/10

Wonderful to hear a fellow IT lover loved it.

I'm about to see it now.

• Like 1

It's a movie worth a watch, especially if you liked the first one. Casting is terrific and all the actors do a good job, there's some surprising comedy that's done pretty well. Bill Hader and James Ransone are very good. The production is again - strong, it's a nice looking film just like the first one, there's plenty of violence and there's some really nicely staged scenes, nicely shot, well acted and gets you invested. The theme of friendship is present throughout and is probably the most consistent part, because there's plenty of rifts here - especially since the movie is 169 minutes, there's going to be ups and downs and there is, unfortunately. The movie also does some real ludicrous shit, which I suppose is fitting since the source material is even crazier. Could be a hard sell for a casual viewer, though.

The downfalls are probably its runtime and lack of real emotion, there's plenty of drama and it's competent but it just lacks a bit of a punch. The runtime leads to segments of great viewing and segments of not so much. The scares are pretty lacking, can't say there was any real earned scares or creepiness. I was never tense or scared, maybe once, but that's it. It's more of a casual thriller but with some unusually brutal kills and scenes. That's about it. Shouldn't be a hard watch for anyone who isn't a fan of horror. These are just my initial thoughts, saw it 40 minutes ago. If you're asking for a rating, I'd probably give it a 5 or 6 out of 10. I gave the first one a 7/10.

Edited by alibaba3317
  • Like 1

Just leaving viewing. My first impression thoughts are that I overall liked this film more than the first one. I think they brought a bit more of horror/scares that work vs the first one. I disagree to these people that say pennywise isn’t in it enough, I thought it was the right amount (coming from someone whose read the book). I guess to the casual fan you expect it, but from the source material he’s in it just right, they even added more scenes for pennywise that wasn’t in the book. 

I really loved all the adult cast. Like seriously thought this is the best a movie has done when it comes to child into adult transformation actors/actresses. You just felt that these guys are EXACTLY the kids. Just how they look and act. Unlike some critics, I felt the bond just like the first film. I felt the emotion. I don’t want to give anything away but I felt the bond betweeb two pairs, especially one of them. I really liked how the film teased a certain personal drama, but never made anything big about it. Not until the end. 

The cgi I am for the most part cool with. Sure, some scares were random and not really necessary. However I was good and thought it was an improvement.

With that said, for gripes: to be honest I didn’t feel the run time long at all. I swear, not once did I look at my cell to check the time. I was so absorbed in the story of the characters. I think one character I guess could have beeb taken out of the story, and really wouldn’t have changed too much. In the book, this character really didn’t make a whole difference, you’ll know I think once you have seen the movie. My biggest gripe though is the end battle. I do love how the movie jokes about it a lot in hints. Very clever. Does make it feel a bit better. However......yeah, I found it lame. I appreciate I guess some weird sense what they were trying to do, but I would of they try to stick to novel material and perhaps with real prostetics. It just didn’t sit well with me.

Other than that, nothing right now jumos at me. I’d rate this a strong mid B, 85/100. It’s definitely a step above the first for me, which I now is of the rare.

• Like 6