That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

9 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I'm sure Jessica Chastain has already been cast, they are just waiting to announce that with the release date for Part 2.

Also I'm sure Chastain will be the biggest star in it and will get the most focus out of the rest of the adult cast. They don't have much time if they want to make the 2019 release, especially with needing to film the kids stuff for the flashbacks since they are growing up so fast, and WB probably doesn't' want to spend too much for huge stars, which is a good thing.

I want to see the characters first not a bunch of famous actors, so keep Brad Pitt away from this movie!

Has Pitt been mentioned? See, that (not Chastain) would be the kind of casting that would truly take me out of the film. Chastain is a relatively well-known working actress, but Brad Pitt is a mega star and a huge tabloid-friendly, gossip-fueled, icon-level name. Obviously, certain types of film are great platforms for stars as big as Pitt, but I don't feel that an It  sequel would be...um...it.

Blumhouse needs to move if it wants a good weekend for whatever horror film they initially planned on releasing that day.

Otherwise, it'll be a bloodbath. Also, props to WB for sticking with September instead of cramming it into Summer like people feared they would do. Not that I expected them to try it, but still...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Blumhouse needs to move if it wants a good weekend for whatever horror film they initially planned on releasing that day.

Otherwise, it'll be a bloodbath. Also, props to WB for sticking with September instead of cramming it into Summer like people feared they would do. Not that I expected them to try it, but still...

Yep, putting it in Summer for no reason would have been a poor move.

• Like 1

Smart of WB. Fox can learn a thing or two from them. Kingsman 2 in February or even August would have done much better domestically. Next year Deadpool 2 will disappoint at boxoffice by dropping atleast 30M. I am expecting 50-60M drop. They should have locked a february release for it or better yet a December release so that legs would have been solid.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Let me guess: WB signed Muschietti to only 1 movie because they weren't confident IT would be such a big hit?

LOL The part of the article that jumped at me was the bit about the director "waiting in the wings to return."

Edited by Cochofles