That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

WB is likely waiting until they have all the adult Losers cast before announcing them as a group.

So which actor gets top billing in this movie, Chastain or McAvoy? Bill Skarsgård is obviously getting the AND credit again.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 hours ago, StevenG said:

So they are indeed going for names. Chastain, Hader, MacAvoy.

Watch as the black kid is played by Mahershala Ali and the fat one is played by Seth Rogen.

Ummm.....you haven't read the book, have you?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Interesting casting choices.

Not the biggest fan of James McAvoy but at least he can act. 

They're definitely going with names

I don’t get people who thought they would or should go with unknowns. Even if the first movie wasn’t as successful as it was, I’m sure everyone in the cast for Part 2 would at least be recognizable to the audience. Yes everyone says but the kids were relatively unknowns when cast but honestly it’s not like there are that many A list kid actors out there in the first place. Given how big a hit the first movie ended up being, WB would have been crazy to not get any names. As a fan of the book I’ve waited to see some top actors play these characters and so far I like the direction they’re going. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

:hahaha:

of course, without NAMES this is mission impossible: to get the big box-office numbers. Oh... wait...:sparta:

I’m not saying names will give them numbers. Just that after the first being such a hit most would expect to see bigger actors in the adult roles. 

2 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

nope

Yes. Kids are usually unknown since they're obviously up and coming, but why'd you use unknown actors to play the adults?? if an adult actor is good he/she'll be a name anyway. and it's not like mcavoy and the chick from jurassic world are superstars

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

and it's not like mcavoy and the chick from jurassic world are superstars

No one said they are superstars

17 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

but why'd you use unknown actors to play the adults??

Cause people will go to see this in any way: with or without NAMES.

The reason the kids were no names, so to speak, is because there are no A-list kids to put in those kinds of roles.  They actually did put one name in the kids and I'm sure that helped with exposure as Stranger Things is one of the biggest things on TV right now.

But with the adults, it's good to have people you recognize.  It's not like these names are going to be paid like A-listers.  Chastain will get paid a bit I'm sure but Hader and McAvoy while recognizable aren't Pitt or DiCaprio.  The budget for the adult actors will still be relatively small as I doubt any of the actors being cast are going to make more than 1-3 million.  They might get back end deals but if IT does well enough for them to cash in, then I don't think WB will mind paying it out all that much.  I'm glad they are going after people I've heard of and not just TV actors about to star in their first films.  Getting Chastain is the coup de grace imo but McAvoy as Bill is excellent.  I'm really looking forward to seeing who they cast next.

• Like 4

I was on JC has no charisma train but Molly's Game converted me. Everyone should see that movie. Oscars 2018 are invalid cause she was snubbed. There. I said it. :) BTW, she's friends with the director so she won't overprice herself for that gig for sure. 

I'm all for Rise of McAvoy. He's like Emily Blunt, always close to the top, but not there yet, and now peaking at the right time. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Valonqar said:

I was on JC has no charisma train but Molly's Game converted me. Everyone should see that movie. Oscars 2018 are invalid cause she was snubbed. There. I said it. :)

I'm all for Rise of McAvoy. He's like Emily Blunt, always close to the top, but not there yet, and now peaking at the right time. :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5833390

16 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

lmfao dude do you want me to go the office of Warner Bros. and ask them "HEY YOU DUMB FUCKS IS JESSICA CHASTAIN GONNA BE IN IT CHAPTER 2" for me to confirm it for you?   i'll film it for proof in case you don't believe me.

You need to take a page from @Sean B's book and call them

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

They didnt even release this overseas. Says so much

It's an STX release so Distribution rights OS were sold to local distributors, but that doesn't mean it wasn't released.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

That sucks. I think that OS markets would like the lifestyle in the movie. 

pretty sure if a relevant actress was the lead it'd have been released, the chick from crimson's peak or miss sloane? nope

Edited by TombRaider