That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Chastain and McAvoy are probably expensive enough. They probably spent half of the movie's budget to hire these 2. Then they have to play cheap with the others.

Now let's pray that they cast Chadwick Boseman to play Mike. :)

I seriously doubt they were expensive.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I seriously doubt they were expensive.

Even if they weren't, the studio wouldn't go about getting star names for a sequel to a movie made for 35M which is almost surely going to decrease domestically. Instead, 2-3 name actors and the rest character actors because the IP is the star anyway.

• Like 1

What made the first one special what the kids bonding while fighting the Clown  and the Stranger Things/80's nostalgia connection.

This movie has none of those.

Unknown child actors are easily cute.

D-List actors are not.

Nobody will think this movie is better than the first.

Edited by The Futurist

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Even if they weren't, the studio wouldn't go about getting star names for a sequel to a movie made for 35M which is almost surely going to decrease domestically. Instead, 2-3 name actors and the rest character actors because the IP is the star anyway.

Well the first movie made a gazillion in profits, way way more than expected. That is an unusual situation where spending much more money on the sequel wouldn't be surprising.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

I get that, I'm just talking from a personal stand point.  I would have liked to see the biggest names in the cast be reserved for Bev, Ben and Bill.  They are the three most important characters from my perspective.  I was hoping for someone like Pratt or Cooper or Gyllenhall for Ben.  But it is what it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

What made the first one special what the kids bonding while fighting the Clown  and the Stranger Things/80's nostalgia connection.

This movie has none of those.

Unknown child actors are easily cute.

D-List actors are not.

Nobody will think this movie is better than the first.

I think everyone knows the kids story in IT is the better of the two stories and I don't think anyone at WB is thinking part two is topping part 1.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

I get that, I'm just talking from a personal stand point.  I would have liked to see the biggest names in the cast be reserved for Bev, Ben and Bill.  They are the three most important characters from my perspective.  I was hoping for someone like Pratt or Cooper or Gyllenhall for Ben.  But it is what it is.

This. Ben, Bev, and Bill have the most essential roles and we’re going from McAvoy and Chastain to a guy best known for a CW show. I’m fine with Stan’s casting and Ransone but this one has me slightly disappointed. Like I said look wise is perfect. I just wish if they’re going on A list for Bev and Bill they’d be consistent with Ben. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baumer said:

I think everyone knows the kids story in IT is the better of the two stories and I don't think anyone at WB is thinking part two is topping part 1.

I agree 100%. I just want a good movie but i know it wont be as good as the first. The kids are the heart of this story

• Like 1

6 hours ago, baumer said:

I don't even know what It is about let alone knowing which of two stories is better. But I do like Jessica Chastain's tits so that's something.