That One Guy

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | Jessica Chastain CONFIRMED to star | Also Bill Hader and James McAvoy are in it too

9 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I'm sure Jessica Chastain has already been cast, they are just waiting to announce that with the release date for Part 2.

Also I'm sure Chastain will be the biggest star in it and will get the most focus out of the rest of the adult cast. They don't have much time if they want to make the 2019 release, especially with needing to film the kids stuff for the flashbacks since they are growing up so fast, and WB probably doesn't' want to spend too much for huge stars, which is a good thing.

I want to see the characters first not a bunch of famous actors, so keep Brad Pitt away from this movie!

Has Pitt been mentioned? See, that (not Chastain) would be the kind of casting that would truly take me out of the film. Chastain is a relatively well-known working actress, but Brad Pitt is a mega star and a huge tabloid-friendly, gossip-fueled, icon-level name. Obviously, certain types of film are great platforms for stars as big as Pitt, but I don't feel that an It  sequel would be...um...it.

13 hours ago, Cochofles said:

While everyone talks about Chastain and Adams as possible adult Bevs, watch as Bryce Dallas Howard (who I assume is cheaper to get than Amy and Jess) snags the role... :D 

I like all 3 options.

• Like 1

I think it's funny that everybody is saying Bev has to be played by the two or three red heads in Hollywood and no one else. Not enough famous red head actresses.

Let's dreamcast this motherfucker:

Bev: Jessica Chastain

Richie: Bill Hader

Eddie: Adam Scott

Mike: Sterling K. Brown

IDK anyone else

• Like 1

Very expected

Blumhouse needs to move if it wants a good weekend for whatever horror film they initially planned on releasing that day.

Otherwise, it'll be a bloodbath. Also, props to WB for sticking with September instead of cramming it into Summer like people feared they would do. Not that I expected them to try it, but still...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Blumhouse needs to move if it wants a good weekend for whatever horror film they initially planned on releasing that day.

Otherwise, it'll be a bloodbath. Also, props to WB for sticking with September instead of cramming it into Summer like people feared they would do. Not that I expected them to try it, but still...

Yep, putting it in Summer for no reason would have been a poor move.

• Like 1

Let me guess: WB signed Muschietti to only 1 movie because they weren't confident IT would be such a big hit?

Let me guess: WB signed Muschietti to only 1 movie because they weren't confident IT would be such a big hit?

Andy Muschietti is getting ready for that big payday from WB right now...

2 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

It's pretty standard practice for young filmmakers on studio films.

• Thanks 1

Smart of WB. Fox can learn a thing or two from them. Kingsman 2 in February or even August would have done much better domestically. Next year Deadpool 2 will disappoint at boxoffice by dropping atleast 30M. I am expecting 50-60M drop. They should have locked a february release for it or better yet a December release so that legs would have been solid.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

LOL The part of the article that jumped at me was the bit about the director "waiting in the wings to return."

Edited by Cochofles

12 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Did you believe in "IT" success two years ago?

So Hollywood gonna continue to ignore Labor Day weekend? Good for late August releases, they will continue to leg it.