That One Girl

It: Chapter Two | September 6, 2019 | 11th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

5 hours ago, MrPink said:

As someone who has not read the book, is James McAvoy supposed to be having his standard accent

5 hours ago, TMP said:

Baby McAvoy from It 1 was American, so I don't know why McAvoy's Bill sounds Scottish in this trailer

5 hours ago, Galactic Specter said:

No, Bill Denbrough is american. 

Well...

Spoiler

Adult Bill lives in England with his British wife in the book.  

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

It does seem like Bill has an English accent here and if that is the case, there is a reason for it.  In the book he is 100% American but there is something that happens that might cause him to have that accent.  I'll leave it at that, don't want any spoilers. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder what the budget is? I think $60-75m would be reasonable considering the number of big name actors in this one. 

Chastain was paid $2.5 million for this film, more than anyone else, so yeah, that'd probably add in a lot.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/celebrity-salaries-leonardo-dicaprio-margot-robbie-dwayne-johnson-will-smith-1203200508/

Just now, Rorschach said:

Chastain was paid $2.5 million for this film, more than anyone else, so yeah, that'd probably add in a lot.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/celebrity-salaries-leonardo-dicaprio-margot-robbie-dwayne-johnson-will-smith-1203200508/

There's probably backends as well.

• Like 2

That was an unorthodox trailer; but grandma really sells it. I was waiting for something to happen with the tea so I appreciated the misdirection there.

Overall, the trailer conveyed a sense of terror without resorting to the jump scares that plague so many contemporary horror films. While not as memorable or as frightening as seeing Pennywise in the storm drain during IT's first trailer, this trailer set up an intriguing mood for this sequel. Should be a fun flick to watch in a full theater on opening weekend.

• Like 1